Collapse
No announcement yet.

List every active fighter that you think can currently beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do think Trout and Canelo can beat him, but I would like to see those two against a more significant threat at 154 to reaffirm my beliefs, at 147 I don't see anyone that can beat him there at present, in another year or so I do think someone like Bradley can beat Mayweather due to a combination of more experience and Mayweather slipping.

Comment

Every active fighter he hasn't yet fought at 147 and 54 would beat Mayweather....that is until he signs to fight any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
        List every active fighter that you think can beat a current Floyd Mayweather whether it be by KO or decision. Be realistic with weight, so don't mention the K2 bros. And keep in mind Floyd would be fighting them at 147 or 154, so if you're going to list a JWW then be under the assumption that they are moving up to fight him, or moving down if you're going to list a MW. Go!
        Why? Floyd can easily drop a couple of pounds to meet them halfway.

Just because he likes to load the advantages doesn't mean fans should accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Why? Floyd can easily drop a couple of pounds to meet them halfway.

Just because he likes to load the advantages doesn't mean fans should accept it.
          If you're going to challenge a fighter then you should meet him at his primary fighting weight. How is it keeping an advantage if you choose to fight at your own weight class? Floyd came up from superfeatherweight to light middleweight. If he can do it other fighters should be capable of doing it too.

For the OPs question. I think Sergio at 154 and MAYBE Canelo, but thats a big Maybe. Other than that nobody. And LOL at the fool who still thinks Marquez can beat him.

Comment

Honestly, near his weight division of 140-154, I don't see one single fighter beating him. We are talking about Floyd Mayweather who has intelligence, speed, experience, defense, reflexes, etc. You have got it twisted if you think any bum from 140-154 can beat this dude. I just gotta keep it real. Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter and the rest of the dudes are straight up bums. Martinez at 154 would a be a helluva fight, but I don't know if Martinez can make 154 and I want to see how he looks in his next fight. I think all hardcore boxing fans would drool over a fight like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              If you're going to challenge a fighter then you should meet him at his primary fighting weight.
              So only one fighter is challenging? that's nonsense. It's a challenge for both of them, Mayweather makes them come up because of money (and money isn't relevant to boxing fans who want to see a fair fight).

Screwing fighters all the time with weight or whatever else does nothing for the fans and does nothing for a fighter's legacy.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 12-23-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Do you guys think Mattyhsse would have a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                  Do you guys think Mattyhsse would have a shot?
                  At 143-144lbs he'd give him a tough fight at very least. Ditto Marquez and one or two others.

They would be worth watching, but they wouldn't be worth watching at 147lbs as they're just not 147lb fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    So only one fighter is challenging? that's nonsense. It's a challenge for both of them, Mayweather makes them come up because of money (and money isn't relevant to boxing fans who want to see a fair fight).

Screwing fighters all the time with weight or whatever else does nothing for the fans and does nothing for a fighter's legacy.
                    That's complete nonsense. When Mayweather fought De La Hoya they did not meet at a catchweight they fought at De La Hoya's best weight. De La Hoya didn't give up a single pound! And Mayweather still went up in weight and beat him. When you challenge a named fighter you have to beat him in HIS domain. Mayweather did it. All the greats did it.

Comment

The reality is that at 36 years old and declining there is prob more than a few fighers at 154 who can beat Mayweather.....but he really has nothing to prove at that weight. Floyd is a small to mid sized WW. Compare him to Cotto, SSM, ODLH, Clottey, Margarito, Trinidad, SRL, Hearns at 147 he is a small WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X