No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward going to retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Dawson at 168 isn't the Dawson who was "in a P4P contest".
    And he was NEVER in a "p4p contest" with Floyd Mayweather. Especially not when Ward fought him. He wasn't a p4p fighter, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Dirrell is overrated man. He couldn't beat Froch without resorting to diving, holding and not engaging. He couldn't beat Abraham without faking a hippy hippy shake.

Who has he beat? at this point in his career, no one.

not stoo sure what the deal is with the bold. that "slicked his way" line was a reference to prince ward.

as for dirrell, he landed virtually all of the meaningful punches in that fight, and had froch swinging like an amateur.

he didn't behave professionally, but he was never deducted for anything.

i remember a thread on ESB, a british website with several times more british posters than NSB, that had dirrell winning a poll by about 30-40%.

i don'te care to go through the scores from writers at press row, but memory seems to lead me to believe that they were mostly in favor of dirrell.

did dirrell behave like a woman? in spots, absolutely. he also landed the cleaner and more effective punches. i watched the first 4 rounds of that fight recently. that was probably two weeks back. it's a boring fight, so i don't sufffer through it too regularly. froch was outclassed. he didn't have it athletically, and his offense was too crude for an athlet with skills like dirrell.

if dirrell, an inactive fighter, fought froch in december, who would you pick?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        And he was NEVER in a "p4p contest" with Floyd Mayweather. Especially not when Ward fought him. He wasn't a p4p fighter, period.

after completely outlcassing glen johnson in the rematch, dawson was put onto the p4p list of ring magazine.

he was removed after losing to pascal in the fight that let me know "this guy is never going to take that next step."

if chad dawson had a brain, and threw punches, he'd have been a hell of a light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          after completely outlcassing glen johnson in the rematch, dawson was put onto the p4p list of ring magazine.

he was removed after losing to pascal in the fight that let me know "this guy is never going to take that next step."

if chad dawson had a brain, and threw punches, he'd have been a hell of a light heavyweight.
          Let me make it clear, I meant he wasn't a p4p fighter at the time of the Ward fight.

And yeah, Dawson could have been so much better. The Pascal fight was so frustrating as a fan of his.

Comment

not stoo sure what the deal is with the bold. that "slicked his way" line was a reference to prince ward.

as for dirrell, he landed virtually all of the meaningful punches in that fight, and had froch swinging like an amateur.

i remember a thread on ESB, a british website with several times more british posters than NSB, that had dirrell winning a poll by about 30-40%.

i don'te care to go through the scores from writers at press row, but memory seems to lead me to believe that they were mostly in favor of dirrell.

did dirrell behave like a woman? in spots, absolutely. he also landed the cleaner and more effective punches. i watched the first 4 rounds of that fight recently. that was probably two weeks back. it's a boring fight, so i don't sufffer through it too regularly. froch was outclassed. he didn't have it athletically, and his offense was too crude for an athlet with skills like dirrell.

Saying Dirrel won the fight and saying he outclassed or worked over Froch are two different things thicko

Comment

Anyone can not engage and leave the other guy swinging. It's not that impressive. Some refs simply won't allow it and tell the guy to engage and fight.

He was deducted a point.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1903&cat=boxer

Froch, as the A-side he would dictate ring size and knock Dirrell out (or have him quit).
              Last edited by Weebler I; 10-03-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

At least he has a backup job as a HBO commentator.

Comment

dirrell froch was fun in the championship rd's, when dirrell got brave and stopped running, and he beat froch up, for 2 rd's, think the 12th was kinda close

Comment

If Ward retired now, he'd forever be in Calzaghe's shadow. He's got a ways to go to surpass that and very doubtful he ever will.

Comment

Damn...he goin' out like a real b1tch

Comment

Working...
                      X