Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bernard Hopkins have a better chin than Antonio Margarito??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
    Anyone seen Margarito seriously hurt?

Mosley fight was such out of his ordinary, so outside his pattern that I tend to exclude it. Even his chin was off that high (we know why but that's not the point here)

Rios is fine but has bee hurt consistently.

BHops is ATG, but defense got him there
    He wasn't even really hurt in the Mosley fight, he just got tired and fatigued, Mosley wore his body down from all the punches and Margo had to drain himself to make weight. Margarito was smiling on the way down it was funny as hell. I remember Margarito got hurt to the body by Pac though, they have a saying that Mexicans have iron chins so go to the body.

Hopkins has one thing that you have to say nobody else has, and that is thick skin, the guy doesn't get marked up or cut, seriously Kovalev was landing some shotgun blast bombs with horse hair gloves on and B hop face was left unscathed, he is truly an Alien.

Hopkins skin is very strong and he doesn't swell up at all.

Comment

It's hard to say because Hopkins gets hit so much less and less cleanly than Margarito did. Hopkins has a hell of a chin and in a long career against the world's best he has never been stopped and rarely knocked down. Mosley is the only fighter I know of that knocked Margarito down and it took lots of flush bombs to do it. I would guess their chins are equally good for their weight.

Comment

The punches Hopkins took last week from one of the biggest punchers in boxing and was NEVER seriously hurt, told me all I need to know about his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          He wasn't even really hurt in the Mosley fight, he just got tired and fatigued, Mosley wore his body down from all the punches and Margo had to drain himself to make weight. Margarito was smiling on the way down it was funny as hell. I remember Margarito got hurt to the body by Pac though, they have a saying that Mexicans have iron chins so go to the body.

Hopkins has one thing that you have to say nobody else has, and that is thick skin, the guy doesn't get marked up or cut, seriously Kovalev was landing some shotgun blast bombs with horse hair gloves on and B hop face was left unscathed, he is truly an Alien.

Hopkins skin is very strong and he doesn't swell up at all.
          Please re-watch that fight. Margarito was out on his feet.

Comment

yes.

he's been fighting guys his size and bigger for most of his career. he's a career middleweight. margairto was a huge welterweight. him having the homer simpson defense doesn't mean he's a got a better chin. one of the reasons hopkins has lasted as long as he has is because of his. nevermind the fact that margo's never fought anyone with the firepower of a kovalev, at any point, let alone at hops age and still not get knocked out.
            Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 11-15-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Yes hes faced much, much bigger guys and flat out better fighters with serious power.
              At almost 50 his chin just held up against a huge LHW with frightening one punch power ffs

Margarito had a great chin but its only rated so highly because he had no defense. Tbf most the guys he fought was accumulation punchers.

Comment

Who actually did Margarito fight that had one punch power at the weight?
                Cotto doesn't, Manny doesn't, Mosley never at welterweight nor Clottey, Williams was not a puncher

B-Hops been in with and took absolute bombs from Trinidad, Tarver, Kovalev, Taylor x2, Roy Jones Jr and took them without flinching for most part and the only fighter to ever hurt him bad is Kovalev.

No contest really, Bernard all day.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Who actually did Margarito fight that had one punch power at the weight?
                  Cotto doesn't, Manny doesn't, Mosley never at welterweight nor Clottey, Williams was not a puncher

B-Hops been in with and took absolute bombs from Trinidad, Tarver, Kovalev, Taylor x2, Roy Jones Jr and took them without flinching for most part and the only fighter to ever hurt him bad is Kovalev.

No contest really, Bernard all day.

Comment

Working...
                  X