Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some fighters you think you can whoop at around your weighclass...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Notice I didn't address the TS directly.

I didn't see the one with Roy. That must've been something. lol

One of my old coaches was Ricky Frazier, who won two NYC Golden Gloves championships. You reminded me of him when you brought up Jones. Ricky fought Roy in a very embarrassing performance, where he ran around the ring before he was TKOed in two. This was a man who looked like motherfucking Muhammad Ali against some pretty decent amateurs, long after his fighting days were over.
    It is sick how good top end fighters are, you see it all the time guys look awesome then you watch them step up and they look nothing like what you saw before. Then you hear people here talk about guys who are like 35-1 or even like 24-4 like they are clowns, now records aren't everything, they can be padded and a bit deceiving but if you can beat 24 pro fighters against 4 defeats you are pretty good at boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Makes me wonder, if Shaq just went right at Oscar to hurt him, would Oscar hurt him first? I don't know, I don't think its crazy.

Hulk Hogan told a story in his book about sparring George Foreman for charity. Said George took it really easy for 2 rounds, and then hit him in the shoulder with a half-ass left hook that numbed Hogan's right side. Dude quit right then.
      Wow. Great little story. Hulk is a monster, too, even today. I'd say Big George, old as he is, can still kill a regular person with one punch. Ever notice how big his fists are? It's like he's wielding cinder blocks at the end of his arms. Makes you appreciate how tough a guy like Ali was.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        It is sick how good top end fighters are, you see it all the time guys look awesome then you watch them step up and they look nothing like what you saw before. Then you hear people here talk about guys who are like 35-1 or even like 24-4 like they are clowns, now records aren't everything, they can be padded and a bit deceiving but if you can beat 24 pro fighters against 4 defeats you are pretty good at boxing.
        Agreed to all. It never ceases to amaze me. The same can be said about anyone who's ever competed at a relatively high level at anything at all. They're so good at what they do, they only look ordinary when they compete against their peers.

I often get annoyed when I'm watching a fight with some casuals. They invariably think what they're watching is somehow not that tough. If they only knew....

Comment

I would get ruined.

Comment

Working...
          X