• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate him because he's black

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
      i hate him because he's black
      Excellent points Betmen, excellent points.

Comment

I like the humbler 'Post Maidana' AB.

Also I think it will help him define his future in boxing as well.

He had a reality check, lost his 'O' and now may appreciate that he is not the 'money fighter' that he was hyped up to be.

AB is entertainment for boxing, in the same kind of way that Mayorga was.

The sport needs characters like AB and finally, he can laugh AT himself - which very few boxing diva's can - Cotto, Khan, Floyd et al.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
          I like the humbler 'Post Maidana' AB.

Also I think it will help him define his future in boxing as well.

He had a reality check, lost his 'O' and now may appreciate that he is not the 'money fighter' that he was hyped up to be.

AB is entertainment for boxing, in the same kind of way that Mayorga was.

The sport needs characters like AB and finally, he can laugh AT himself - which very few boxing diva's can - Cotto, Khan, Floyd et al.
          Honesty comes with a reward. Green K for you.

Comment

Lol no hate from me! I love AB! Love making fun of him at his expense, mostly!

Sooo much comedy GOLD after the Maidana fight.

Seriously, doe, I do think boxing always needs a few characters like Broner.

One thing I do like about Broner is that he always kept it humorous, and light-hearted. He never got really hateful, or defensive like Floyd and others would get. I like(d) that about Broner.

The writing was on the wall for his destruction at higher weight classes, especially against hard punchers with chins who can take his shots... He's incredibly flat-footed for being so fleet of hand, and having decent upper body reflexes.

Unless you're Floyd, or Sweet Pea, or Toney - you can't stand in the pocket with a shoulder roll for long periods at a time and catch shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              Honesty comes with a reward. Green K for you.
              Thank you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                Lol no hate from me! I love AB! Love making fun of him at his expense, mostly!

Sooo much comedy GOLD after the Maidana fight.

Seriously, doe, I do think boxing always needs a few characters like Broner.

One thing I do like about Broner is that he always kept it humorous, and light-hearted. He never got really hateful, or defensive like Floyd and others would get. I like(d) that about Broner.

The writing was on the wall for his destruction at higher weight classes, especially against hard punchers with chins who can take his shots... He's incredibly flat-footed for being so fleet of hand, and having decent upper body reflexes.

Unless you're Floyd, or Sweet Pea, or Toney - you can't stand in the pocket with a shoulder roll for long periods at a time and catch shots.
                Boxing needs Characters like how football needs Characters. Football would be nothing without the dude that is in your AVI.

Comment

It depends who you ask.

I don't care for him because his antics are annoying and he was ridiculously overrated. He fought undersized landscape workers and HBO was calling him the next FMJ. Posters on this site were calling him the next fighter of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    Boxing needs Characters like how football needs Characters. Football would be nothing without the dude that is in your AVI.
                    Exactly...

Sherman thus far hasn't gotten egg on his face... Well, he's been torched a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      So what. He got ****ed up. I'll admit is was awesome to watch. But **** happens. I thought he showed a lot of heart in that fight and he took his ass whoopin like a man afterwards.

He even seems a bit more humble now. I respect that.

So why is everybody still hating on him?
                      He ran outta the ring after they announced that he lost though. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X