No announcement yet.

To all you cowards that defend Ray Rice and hitting women

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Khalid View Post
    I agree with everything but the "overly punished" part.

Being out a year seems fair to me, considering how popular the NFL is and the message it sends that one of it's employees is on video KO'ing a women.

IMO this is bigger than Ray Rice and has more to do with issues of domestic violence in America.
    A year suspension would have been fine, but they also terminated his contract.. They knew what he did for weeks, even punished him albeit lightly but then to basically make him unemployed after a video was released that showed nothing new,, I think that's a bit harsh, especially when they had already issued a punishments, and Ray rice up until this point had never been in any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      what if it were two lesbians and one knocked the other one out?
      No contest, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        well, what if they were two lesbian muslims? would you still think it was silly and cute?
        Put it on Floyd's undercard as an eliminator for Josie Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          You are completely missing the point.

First off, not everyone knew he knocked her out. Because there was no video, not everyone understood the severity of the crime, I sure didn't. I chalked it up to another athlete hitting his GF/wife.

According to the NFL, they didn't see the full video. Only the part where he is dragging her out of the elevator. New information is now showing that the authorities turned the full video over as early as April, so that means one of two things.

Either Goodell lied about not seeing it and brushed it under the rug. Or he didn't see it because of incompetence by the league.

Either way, he fuked up. Originally he said it was a 2 game suspension, then he said it wasn't severe enough and that leads me to believe because he thought the video would be leaked and he was back tracking.

IMO, Goodell should be investigated because this is severe.
          Read the police report it says EXACTLY what happened.

I'm not arguing about whether Goodell lied or not. I'm just saying they would have managed this better if they just stuck to their guns and had teh2 game suspension.

I understnad your point of the analogy but it is dumb so I'd rather just talk about the situation as a whole

Comment

Working...
          X