Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dibella Unsure if Martinez Can Beat GGG; Trying to Divert Attention to GGG vs. Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibella Unsure if Martinez Can Beat GGG; Trying to Divert Attention to GGG vs. Ward

In this video he says that Sergio is old and basically says he doesn't know if he could beat GGG:

Now he's trying to hype up a GGG vs. Andre Ward fight:

Middleweight division needs to step up. Freezing out Golovkin like this is ridiculous.

Comment

If this is how it actually plays out and Sergio will indeed be "too old" for Golovkin and Golvkin would be "too risky" while Sergio just trys to cash out against Cotto or Canelo...... Would it be okay to just give Golovkin an "unofficial" win over Serg and crown him the new MW king? No really.... If this is the case; it's not Golovkins fault the MW "lineal championship" is being held hostage, surely?

Nothing against Sergio, I like him..... But wouldn't this be fair?

Comment

Can understand why Dibella is doing this. HBO as already annointed GGG the best MW and top 5 p4p without him earning it. He sees the writing on the wall and is protecting his fighter. That said GGG/sergio should happen this year.

If sergio refuses-fcuk him and GGG can go fight Froch for good money. GGG is good with or without Sergio. But the MW lineal would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          If this is how it actually plays out and Sergio will indeed be "too old" for Golovkin and Golvkin would be "too risky" while Sergio just trys to cash out against Cotto or Canelo...... Would it be okay to just give Golovkin an "unofficial" win over Serg and crown him the new MW king? No really.... If this is the case; it's not Golovkins fault the MW "lineal championship" is being held hostage, surely?

Depending on what happens with their next fights, recognizing Golovkin as the best middleweight would absolutely be fair. Especially if Golovkin gets a good opponent and looks impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Depending on what happens with their next fights, recognizing Golovkin as the best middleweight would absolutely be fair. Especially if Golovkin gets a good opponent and looks impressive.
            What if Golovin fought and beat Murray after his next fight? Many people think Murray should be lineal champ anyway

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post

In the old days he would be stripped of the "lineal" title in this type of instance so I would have no problem if boxing writers strip him of that label.

I wouldn't make this about Sergio though. There is no doubt in my mind that if the contract was put in his face, he would sign and and be in the gym the next day. This is about Dibella making the right business moves.

Comment

Why is he building up any Golovkin fight but Martinez?

At least he's straight up saying he only wants to get him money fights.... but what happens if he can't get him fights with either Cotto or whoever?

Comment

Well, at least Lou isn't crapping on Golovkin and telling it like it is. NO WAY he fights Golovkin if a Cotto fight is on the table. Nope

Comment

Lou is just being straight as usual (mostly). I did not watch that and think he was trying to hype GGG v Ward or diverting attention in any way.

Comment

Working...
                    X