No announcement yet.

Widest scoring margin ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widest scoring margin ?

On the weekend Khan won on two scorecards by 15 points, I don't remember seeing such a wide margin as usually such a one sided fight would be stopped at some point.

Back in the old days though with 15 rounds and refs allowing more KDs and one sided fights to go on, there must have been some huge margins.

So what are the widest wins score wise that there has been for fights that went the distance. 15 and 12 rds ?

Wlad - Povetkin 119-104

Comment

I have wondered this too, back in the day with 15 rounds if a fight had a clear winner and there where multiple knockdowns, the score difference must have been huge but I never heard of any

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
        I have wondered this too, back in the day with 15 rounds if a fight had a clear winner and there where multiple knockdowns, the score difference must have been huge but I never heard of any
        Just looking up some old fights and they seemed to use a lot of weird scoring systems back then. 5 points must and single point.

Ali beat rudi Lubbers 60-40, 59-52 and 60-45 according to boxrec but I don't get how that would work ?

Comment

Has there ever been like a 10-4 round? Say four knock downs and a point deduction?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Just looking up some old fights and they seemed to use a lot of weird scoring systems back then. 5 points must and single point.

Ali beat rudi Lubbers 60-40, 59-52 and 60-45 according to boxrec but I don't get how that would work ?
            You bring up a good point, I forgot that not all fights have ever been on the 10 point must system, I guess it makes it a little harder to find out seeing that scoring today isn't necessarily the same as back then

Comment

Working...
            X