Oosthuizen signs with PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oosthuizen signs with PBC

Tommy Oosthuizen agrees PBC deal with Al Haymon

Tommy Oosthuizen just won the boxing lottery. The undefeated IBO light-heavyweight champion will become the first South African to join Premier Boxing Champions, the exciting new boxing promotion created by Al Haymon.

The PBC is shaking up world boxing with an unorthodox model that takes the action away from pay TV, ensuring mainstream exposure on the United States' major television networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC), their affiliated networks (ESPN, NBCSN and CBS Sports Network) and Spike and Bounce TV.

Its slogan is unequivocal: "In boxing, there is no middle ground. It's stand or fall. All or nothing. Premier Boxing Champions: Where the Next Legends Collide."

Golden Gloves has been in negotiation with PBC for a number of weeks and has just confirmed the deal. Not only will Oosthuizen's next fight ***8211; against Roberto Bolonti on June 6 ***8211; be broadcast Stateside, he will then go into the mix for a major September bout in the US via PBC.

He could even be on a collision course with WBC champion Adonis Stevenson, who fights for Haymon, but there are many other PBC-linked light-heavyweights who could be lined up.

Haymon manages and advises more than 150 fighters, chief among them pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather jnr.

Golden Gloves was happy to do the deal, mainly because it guarantees massive exposure for Oosthuizen without surrendering their rights. The PBC Series was created for television by Haymon Boxing and bouts featured within the series are promoted by various licensed promoters.

It's also true that Oosthuizen will enjoy a massive hike in purse fees under the new deal.

Said promoter Rodney Berman: "Haymon is shaking boxing up with his revolutionary approach. The real winners are the boxers, who will earn good money and get good action. This is a massive step for Tommy, who can secure his financial future if he boxes as well as we all know he can."
    http://www.***************.net/2015/...with-al-haymon

Someone reassure me a WBC-IBO unification doesn't override a WBC mandatory...

Good, no Ward fight. All the more reason for Kovalev to sign with PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      http://www.***************.net/2015/...with-al-haymon

Someone reassure me a WBC-IBO unification doesn't override a WBC mandatory...
      Nah, he'd be stripped.

So he signed with pbc, but not haymon? Is that what I'm seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Nah, he'd be stripped.

So he signed with pbc, but not haymon? Is that what I'm seeing?
        Hard to see Haymon letting it go down like that.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Is there much incentive?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          im still shocked ward didnt sign with pbc. obviously roc nation over paid him knowing they would take a loss to get their name out there but i thought for sure he would. I think david haye is next

Comment

Hard to see Haymon letting it go down like that.

Is there much incentive?
            That's what I'm trying to find out right now

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
              im still shocked ward didnt sign with pbc. obviously roc nation over paid him knowing they would take a loss to get their name out there but i thought for sure he would. I think david haye is next
              Ward is ****ing weird man. Plus he has a manager that he is super loyal too so he wouldn't sign with Haymon and break that bond. Funny thing is Boo Boo Andrade is incredibly loyal to his manager as well but he can't ****ing wait to sign with Haymon.

Comment

If Haymon lets other fighters fight on PBC without having them sign with him, I'd say that's a good thing....And with the various networks that he has, inactivity shouldn't be that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  If Haymon lets other fighters fight on PBC without having them sign with him, I'd say that's a good thing....And with the various networks that he has, inactivity shouldn't be that bad
                  Isn't he doing that already with Lee? or is that on Sho?

Comment

Isn't he doing that already with Lee? or is that on Sho?
                    Well Lee is a Lou guy and Lou's already licking Haymon's ******* after he takes a shit to clean it.

Comment

Working...
                    X