Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it racist to blackface?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also lets not forget that West Africans sold their captive slaves (African Americans are descendants of West African nations) to the British, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch etc.....So why aren't Black Americans angry at "their ancestors" for selling them to the Western Europeans for goods and money??? Slavery was big business in West Africa.....No amount of Liberal history revision or bogus White guilt will change that....

The reality is that Slavery was considered a perfectly acceptable form of labor in that day and age (similar to how people in the 1600 used to think that witchcraft and demons caused disease) by both Africans, Arabs, and Western Europeans....It was widespread and involved a lot of different countries/region (through not all)....My advice is to stop being butthurt and get over it...

A huge amount of people (of all races/ethnicities/religions) have been "oppressed" throughout history.....The better question would be which race/ethnicity/religion/minority group HASN'T been oppressed at one point in time??? A VERY small few would be the answer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      If it's not intended to be racist then it isn't.
      I agree...but once it's brought to your attention that it's racist, then it IS intended to be racist if you continue to do it.

Let's not forget those same blackface 'unintentional racists' bringing bananas and spears, and making monkey sounds when the black team has the ball.

And what does the comment prior to mine have anything to do with anything?
      Last edited by Mike Haynes; 10-03-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• It's a different country than America. God can American liberals stop looking for things to be offended by.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
          I agree...but once it's brought to your attention that it's racist, then it IS intended to be racist if you continue to do it.

Let's not forget those same blackface 'unintentional racists' bringing bananas and spears, and making monkey sounds when the black team has the ball.

Other people's interpretation of your actions has no bearing on your intent. People can state it's offensive or that it's been used racistly in the past, but they can't determine your intent for you. They also can't apply a mindset to you based off one action.

Comment

• Why oh WHY is this racist scumbag still allowed to post on this site?

Comment

• Yes, you fúcking idiot.

Next question.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
                Yes, you fúcking idiot.

Next question.

You little imbecile, responding to a thread without reading nor understanding it shows that you're nothing but a little turd that need to be hosed down. Go fu.ck a goat outdoor!.
                Red K this turd everyone....

Comment

spears and bananas

not racist doe. just poking fun at the idea that blacks are primitive, monkeys, etc. no racist.

Comment

Are you serious?. Have you read the thread at all?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
                      Other people's interpretation of your actions has no bearing on your intent. People can state it's offensive or that it's been used racistly in the past, but they can't determine your intent for you. They also can't apply a mindset to you based off one action.
                      So in your mind.....going to a Halloween party (full of Blacks and Jews) dressed like a Klansman in white hoods and sheets with a swastika band around your arm is as harmless as dressing up as Dracula...

Comment

Working...
                      X