No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Stiverne Talks Continue, Money The Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Stiverne Talks Continue, Money The Issue

The negotiations continue for a match between WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (44-2, 41 KOs) and mandatory challenger Bermane Stiverne (23-1-1, 20 KOs). If they are unable to reach an agreement, the World Boxing Council has scheduled a purse bid for June 3rd.

The main issue preventing a finalized agreement is money. As we previously reported, Stiverne's promoter, Don King, requested a purse of $2 million for his fighter and he also wants the television rights to broadcast the fight in the United States.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Somebody should tell Don King that he is over the hill and shot to ****.

Comment

What happened to I'll fight the winner of Haye and Chisora? Smh another bum to the trophy collection.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Holmes would have taken both these fakes in the same night, what a terrible division, devoid of talent...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          What happened to I'll fight the winner of Haye and Chisora? Smh another bum to the trophy collection.

I'm pretty sure Stivetne is the WBC mandatory? Blame the WBC, not Vitali...

Unless you think he should just drop his belt so he can satisfy you, I don't see the problem here...

Comment

Originally posted by King-
            Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I'm pretty sure Stivetne is the WBC mandatory? Blame the WBC, not Vitali...

Unless you think he should just drop his belt so he can satisfy you, I don't see the problem here...
            Nope. As long as his fans are satisfied with this farce that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Stiverne earned his WBC title shot.

Haye the prima donna backed out of a fight with Vitali in 2009, and in 2012 after the fight with Chisora refused to fight Vitali unless he received 50% and the fight would be in the UK.
              Is Vitali obligated to face his mandatory in his next fight? Did he not fulfill that obligation after he beat Charr or was that a voluntary?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Nope. As long as his fans are satisfied with this farce that's all that matters.

I doubt any of his fans are calling this a "big huge dangerous HW supremacy mega fight"

WBC made Stiverne mandatory and Vitali has every right to defend his belt.

Unless of course, Vitali and K2 paid of the WBC millions of bucks to make Stiverne the mandatory so Vitali could get easy work and another bum to the résumé

Comment

i guess arreola is the heavyweight berto. beat him and you get a shot even though he sucks and is just an overhyped hbo clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    The WBC president Suliaman has said that Vitali has to face Stiverne next or be stripped of the belt.

http://www.boxingscene.com/klitschko...-by-wbc--65122
                    Didn't see any quotes from Suliaman?

Was Charr a mandatory?

Comment

Working...
                    X