No announcement yet.

new DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket commercial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] new DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket commercial

one of the funniest commercials I've seen. r.I.p. hip hop.

Forget Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines Eli featuring Peyton's Football On Your Phone is climbing the charts.

The burbs will never be the same !!!

Comment

lmao look at his dude usin his phone as a phone

Comment

Dudes dead LOL !!!

Mannings' rap a hit at Giants camp
        Updated: August 7, 2013, 2:27 PM ET
        By Ohm Youngmisuk | ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- On cellphones inside the New York Giants' locker room, in the hallways and in the cafeteria of the team complex, players can't stop playing or singing "Football On Your Phone."

The latest Direct TV NFL commercial featuring Eli Manning and Peyton Manning rapping is all the rage at the Giants' team facility.

Giants fans don't have to worry about their quarterback finding a new hobby or career, though. "Easy-Eli" is retiring from the rap game.

"I think I will stay with my day job and keep playing football for long as possible," a sheepish Manning said before Giants practice Wednesday. "A one and done. A one-hit wonder probably."

Giants players didn't know about the commercial, which came out Tuesday afternoon, until they came off the practice field that day. Soon after, many were watching on their phones in the locker room, and the catchy song has caught on faster than a David Wilson 40-yard dash.

The Giants have gotten a kick out of seeing their quarterback dress in drag as the host of "Saturday Night Live" in the past. Manning has appeared in numerous commercials and even dressed as a cop with his brother in another Direct TV commercial. But this one seems to have the locker room buzzing.

Manning I think I will stay with my day job and keep playing football for long as possible. A one and done. A one-hit wonder probably.

-- Eli Manning
        "I've never heard Eli sing, period," right guard Chris Snee said. "When he controls the radio, it's usually country or something nobody really wants to listen to besides him."

Manning said he and his brother were mostly all business while filming the commercial.

"Obviously got a lot of laughs together just every time we would kind of look at each other and wonder what we were doing," Manning said. "[Wore] a lot of makeup and just kept it on for four or five hours during the commercial and then take it off and back to normal life and try not to think about it."

Punter Steve Weatherford said he thinks the commercial will remain a big hit in the locker room for at least another week.

"He's a funny guy, and I don't think a lot of people know how quippy and funny he is," Weatherford said. "It's a consensus that Peyton is a little more outgoing, a little more outspoken, but I thought Eli stole the show there.

"I think we probably had as much fun with it in the locker room as all the media and all the fans did. Because nobody sees him like that."

Manning's first and last rap song is a hit with the Giants.

"It's just been funny," Manning said. "I guess the song is a little catchy. [There's been] a few guys going to the cafeteria line and they don't even know I am behind them and they are humming the song or the words."

"I say, 'I think it's got you,'" Manning continued. "That song gets stuck in your head all day. They are kind of just going around singing the song every once in a while."

Comment

easy eli

Comment

that was awesome

Comment

Thats ****in tight!

Comment

that was some funny stuff man lol

Comment

Working...
                X