Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mosley was one of Canelo's Toughest Opponents (out of 41) Why Should he Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mosley was one of Canelo's Toughest Opponents (out of 41) Why Should he Retire?

Although he didn't do exceptionally, I thought Shane Mosley (age 40) had his moments in the Canelo fight and posed probably one the toughest tests for Canelo in a long time. Some people called for Mosley's retirement but if so, then shouldn't we ask Canelo's previous 4 opponents retire too as they didn't even perform in the ring as well as Mosley did?

That would include Kermit Cintron (age 32) Alfonso Gomez (age 31) Ryan Rhodes (age 35) Matthew Hatton (age 31). These guys, some of who are nearly 10 years younger than Mosley, couldn't match the level of Mosley's performance. What criteria dictates when a boxer should retire :- his age or how well is able to perform?

Which of Canelo's other opponents should retire because their performance in the ring was inferior to Mosley's?
    Mosley did better than most of the younger guys. No need to retire.
    12.90%
    Mosley should retire, even though he did better than some of Canelo's recent opponents.
    87.10%

Mosley looked terrible man and had 0 snap on his punches.it's over

Comment

Mosley wasn't Canelo's toughest opponent.

I would say Gomez was.

Comment

Being one of Canelos toughest opponents isn't saying much though.

He hasn't won a fight since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
          Mosley looked terrible man and had 0 snap on his punches.it's over
          He didn't do great but I'm saying he didn't get KO'd like the last 3 Canelo faced and he still did better than Matt Hatton over 12 rounds before that.. so if he's doing better than the younger guys, even though he's not the same old Mosley, he's still tougher than a lot of the younger crop. Is it really over? I dont know man, I think Mosley can still beat a hell of a lot of fighters in the division.

Comment

Because that isn't Shane Mosley.

Shane Mosley isn't a test for some young lion and he shouldn't be fighting journeymen or alphabet titlists like Paulie as good as Paulie looked in his last fight.

Roy Jones Jr. is better than 80% of Light Heavyweights but he's still not Roy Jones Jr. and we're all clamoring for his retirement

Comment

I dont get all this tough Mosley talk from people anyways. All he did was not quit. He was literrally a human punching bag that was destroyed by the kid

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                He didn't do great but I'm saying he didn't get KO'd like the last 3 Canelo faced and he still did better than Matt Hatton over 12 rounds before that.. so if he's doing better than the younger guys, even though he's not the same old Mosley, he's still tougher than a lot of the younger crop. Is it really over? I dont know man, I think Mosley can still beat a hell of a lot of fighters in the division.
                Mosley cant beat anyone worth fighting all he can do is not get knocked out.that aint no way to end your career man

Comment

Larry Mosley gave Canelo a tougher fight than Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                    Mosley cant beat anyone worth fighting all he can do is not get knocked out.that aint no way to end your career man
                    I got Mosley beating Bundrage for the IBF title, Kirkland because of Kirkland's pressure style, and some others in the top 10 too. Mosley is world champ again if he fights Bundrage. Sure a KO is no way to end your career, but neither is retiring prematurely knowing you could win another belt and earn some extra cash before closing time.

Comment

Working...
                    X