Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson prefers JOHN SCULLY OVER MANNY STEWARD...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeradon84 View Post
    Imo, the most important part of a trainer/fighter combo is how well and comfortable they are with each other, comfortable to where you can talk freely and can voice concerns with a friend who knows you through and through and together they can work out a game plan. When two people know each other well great things can happen.
    Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      That the past...who does Icy have now that is relevant on the boxing landscape. I've seen his body of work (Mike Mike and Matt Godawful)...he's trash as a trainer (i don't know him personally, he probably a good human being).

The only reason why Icy has the assignment is because Chad is too lazy to travel, it has nothing to do with Steward skill.

You cannot compare Icy to Emmanuel Steward....Icy will never be in the boxing HOF.

You're an idiot.

Chad Dawson ISN'T training in Connecticut. I'm not gonna say where they are, but it's a loooooong way away from CT. And he's training HARD, he is VERY fired up for this fight.

The deal was made with Scully months ago.

Scully + Dawson = WIN

Comment

I don't care, it's my opinion (based on actual facts) and I'm entitled to it. The man is NOT a good trainer and I cant think of ONE boxers he has right now thats winning.

Chad choose that loser because he's being lazy and doesn't want to travel.

Matt Remmilard. And if you can't name 25 better trainers than Scully, and why, than you shouldn't be speaking. There are thousands of trainers out there so he's obviously doing something right to be where he's at. Not to mention he is the one who has developed Dawson as well as Remmilard and Oliver. What exactly is the criteria you're using to judge trainers....popularity?

Comment

That the past...who does Icy have now that is relevant on the boxing landscape. I've seen his body of work (Mike Mike and Matt Godawful)...he's trash as a trainer (i don't know him personally, he probably a good human being).

The only reason why Icy has the assignment is because Chad is too lazy to travel, it has nothing to do with Steward skill.

You cannot compare Icy to Emmanuel Steward....Icy will never be in the boxing HOF.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by judge_jab View Post
            Oh and Chad didn't leave Steward because he's lazy. He left Steward for VERY specific reasons regarding his training methods and specifically wanted Scully instead. I was there in person to hear Chad's explanation MONTHS ago. I'm not going to say what exactly the reasons were as I wouldn't want to say anything that doesn't want to be said etc

You guys say how you wanted to Chad to revert to the old BAD Chad. Well no trainer knows Chad like Ice does. Ice trained Chad when he was just a kid.

So you know, John Scully is the MAN.

Just wait.
            Well until you "reveal" why Chad left Steward (someone he won his return fight with) I'm going with Chad being a lazy mother****a and not wanting to travel to put in the work.

If Icy was so good, why did Chad leave him in the first place...Is Icy still training that loser Mike Mike? I can't think of one winning boxer Icy has.

Comment

give chad dawson a blunt. he'll be fine then

Comment

What's to say he couldn't one day be in the hall of fame?

How do you know what the future holds?

Ice is 44, he only retired from boxing in 2002.. He could have another 20 years or so of training fighters.

You have no idea how things might turn out so don't make such ridiculous statements.

Comment

Well until you "reveal" why Chad left Steward (someone he won his return fight with) I'm going with Chad being a lazy mother****a and not wanting to travel to put in the work.

If Icy was so good, why did Chad leave him in the first place...Is Icy still training that loser Mike Mike? I can't think of one winning boxer Icy has.
                  It's not my business to reveal. I don't care what you think, but you're an idiot for making such assumptions when you're clearly not in the know. To do that about ANYTHING in life is ridiculous and immature.

How is Mike Mike a loser? He's lost two fights and he's set to fight Juanma Lopez.

Lopez will destroy him? Oh yeah, cuz he really beat that bum Salido bad...

Comment

Hmm. This is interesting. I think it should work out ok.

Comment

Bottom line, NOONE knows how exactly this is gonna turn out so what's the point in hating?

Wait until after the fight before making comments on whether Scully is a good trainer and whether the match up works.

For now, just be happy for the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X