Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who holds the better championship fight at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who holds the better championship fight at 154?

It is my opinion that Miguel Cotto who went up to 154 & defeated Foreman who was too big for team Pacman holds a solid win over a real champion!!But team pacman met Margarito,a cheater at 150 for a vacant title,so my question is,out of Cotto & Pacman,(with obviously Pacman being the greater fight),which man holds the better win at jr. middleweight??
    Cotto beat a champion in his division,nuff said!!
    80.95%
    Pacman,he's pfp better & deserves to fight whoever he wants!!
    19.05%

they both have weak ass wins at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      they both have weak ass wins at 154.
      If u had to choose though,by the way,why is Cotto's win weak??

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
        If u had to choose though,by the way,why is Cotto's win weak??
        Yuri on a broken knee? Cotto should have done away with him waaaay earlier. I don't think Cotto looked strong at 154.

Yuri period is not someone I would consider a world class boxer, nor has he ever been. Margs at least was.

I would say that Margs the night pac beat him was more formidable than Yuri was, but who really cares. Pac already beat Cotto's ass.

Everyone knows that Pac's 154 "World Championship" is a joke though. He was fighting someone for a vacant title that looked like crap his last fight.

Hence, both wins aren't really that impressive.

Comment

Pac fighting a 3 time champion who had a 17 pound weight advantage is much more impressive to me.

Comment

As much as I like Cotto, I enjoyed Manny's beatdown of cheato far more than Cotto's TKO of Yuri. Of course, I also get the feeling that Foreman is overrated judging by how easily Cotto was able to beat him (or maybe it was Cotto being really good). At any rate, cheating/beatdown/layoff aside, I still consider cheato a greater threat than Foreman, but I guess we'll just have to wait to see whether Foreman can do any damage in the division when he gets back.

Oh btw, the broken knee is a moot point, people try to make it seem like he climbed to the ring on a wheelchair for ****'s sake. The guy had fought his whole career with that brace as means to prevent further damage, he wasn't handicapped during the first rounds. If the knee had ever given him trouble before he would have had surgery before, don't you think?
            Last edited by Assteroid Field; 12-02-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Sergei Dzinziruk....
              Now please shut this thread down.

Jk

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Yuri on a broken knee? Cotto should have done away with him waaaay earlier. I don't think Cotto looked strong at 154.

Yuri period is not someone I would consider a world class boxer, nor has he ever been. Margs at least was.

I would say that Margs the night pac beat him was more formidable than Yuri was, but who really cares. Pac already beat Cotto's ass.

Everyone knows that Pac's 154 "World Championship" is a joke though. He was fighting someone for a vacant title that looked like crap his last fight.

Hence, both wins aren't really that impressive.
                I don't really know about that!!U see Foreman the fight previous,beat a once world class fighter & champion in Santos!!Dominated him to be exact!!Santos also had some solid wins on his resume,matter of fact,nahhh,we'll leave that out!!But you get the picture,couple that with Roach saying Foreman was too big & boom,U get an answer!!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  Pac fighting a 3 time champion who had a 17 pound weight advantage is much more impressive to me.
                  Nothing impresses this ts when it comes to Pac.
                  I don't think his boy nor Martinez would ever jump
                  into higher weight classes through the rest of their
                  careers. They'd rather call out midgets. Yeah, that's
                  impressive. This ts' focus would rather be on midgets.

Comment

Cotto beat the worst belt holder in the division who had a bad knee. Manny beat unranked guy in the division for a vacant belt and asked for a catchweight

I will say neither

Comment

Working...
                    X