Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what if Miguel Cotto has the momentum and..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    I have a question for you. In your opinion....If Corrales didnt spit out his mouthpiece against Castillo do you think he would have won regardless?? or do you think Castillo would have won?
    He would've won regardless in my opinion..that fight was up in the air until the end..sure he bought himself a couple seconds with spitting the piece out..but nothin major..and the ref did his job..he warned him than penalized him..

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
      He would've won regardless in my opinion..that fight was up in the air until the end..sure he bought himself a couple seconds with spitting the piece out..but nothin major..and the ref did his job..he warned him than penalized him..
      Then there's really no reason for you to be up in arms against Roach since the ref will do their job properly anyway right??

Comment

Then there's really no reason for you to be up in arms against Roach since the ref will do their job properly anyway right??
        I wasn't questioning the rule or Roach..it's perfect the way it is..but for Roach to try and shine spotlight on that particular rule when he has everything else in his favor is stupid..why not say if a cut happens due to wild lunging it should be considered a disqualification as well..we ALL know that if it happens..and looks intentional the ref will do what he has to do in that situation..just like the low blow situation..

get what I'm sayin?..

Comment

I wasn't questioning the rule or Roach..it's perfect the way it is..but for Roach to try and shine spotlight on that particular rule when he has everything else in his favor is stupid..why not say if a cut happens due to wild lunging it should be considered a disqualification as well..we ALL know that if it happens..and looks intentional the ref will do what he has to do in that situation..just like the low blow situation..

get what I'm sayin?..
          I get what you are saying....

Even with the way it is...it's a very fine line that's walked between situations where fights are stopped...or allowed to continue with very little difference. but the consequences of those judgements can launch or destroy careers.

There are many that believe that Corrales should have been disqualified for spitting out his mouthpiece.

There are many that felt that Abraham's broken jaw was more than enough reason to stop the fight against Miranda. If it had...he may very well not be in the super 6 tournament today.

Roach is simply pleading with the refs to keep an eye on the lowblows because of the magnitude of this fight. And I have no problem with it because that is part of your trainer's job. Just as it's a coach's job to argue calls that could very well turn the tide of the game in any other sport.

Comment

I get what you are saying....

Even with the way it is...it's a very fine line that's walked between situations where fights are stopped...or allowed to continue with very little difference. but the consequences of those judgements can launch or destroy careers.

There are many that believe that Corrales should have been disqualified for spitting out his mouthpiece.

There are many that felt that Abraham's broken jaw was more than enough reason to stop the fight against Miranda. If it had...he may very well not be in the super 6 tournament today.

Roach is simply pleading with the refs to keep an eye on the lowblows because of the magnitude of this fight. And I have no problem with it because that is part of your trainer's job. Just as it's a coach's job to argue calls that could very well turn the tide of the game in any other sport.

Perfect post..and I agree 100%..

it's just Roach's statements are being jocked like he's got something important to say everytime..**** like the low blow remark..while I agree it's his job to be concerned about it..that's something you mention to the ref right before the fight in the locker room..like everyone else does..instead of being a drama queen and wanting to talk about what color pacquiao's **** is...

Comment

...He throws for a body shot and goes low??..should he still get DQ'd?..

..or..

Since Roach claims that Cotto gets hurt to the body easier..what if Pacquiao goes low?..Does he get DQ'd or is this gonna be a specific way to treat Cotto only?..we know Pac is the Cash Cow here..he can request anything he wants..

so how will this new Pacman-low blow rule work?..

After Cotto loses to Pacman on Nov 14, 2009.

What next for him........

Pacman by May 2010 will became a Congresman...

Comment

Working...
              X