Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that there's any legitimacy to this so called illuminati?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
    Well it's not really a concern to me its just the freemasons are often painted to be some sort of benevolent group of people whose sole purpose is to give back to the communities they surround (many Masonic lodges around where I live) and to help others, I simply don't trust them one single bit and I openly express that.
    They're a boys club which does a bit of charity work on the side. I don't think there's any more to it than that.

It's like people who are on sports teams except for they can't play sports.

Comment

People who believe everything the media tells them and people who believe that NO conspiracies exist and never questions anything are very naive, close minded and cowardly people and most likely have serious psychological illnesses and should be on meds.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
        People who believe everything the media tells them and people who believe that NO conspiracies exist and never questions anything are very naive, close minded and cowardly people and most likely have serious psychological illnesses and should be on meds.
        I see what you did there, very clever. Unfortunately you are talking about mythical people in your attempt to misrepresent skepticism.

"people who believe everything the media tells (sic) them" are I'm sure very rare. In fact you would have hard pressed to find an individual who believes everything even one media outlet tells them.

If you wanted to find such a person I suggest you look to followers of Alex Jones' inane shows. There you will find plenty of people willing to uncritically accept even the most absurd utterings and then aggressively chide others for their gullibility when the principle crime they commit is not being gullible.

Likewise "people who believe that NO conspiracies exit" (emphasis yours) are similarly thin on the ground. When a conspiracy is any usually nefarious plan concocted by two or more people it's quite clear that conspiracies happen all of the time. But just because conspiracies exist does not mean that everything is one, nor does it make it prudent to uncritically accept the assertions of certifiable lunatics just because the lunatics are suggesting there's a conspiracy.

Used to be those people would rant manically on street corners and people would scurry past in fear of making eye contact. Now the internet has given these unhinged devils a place to congregate which creates the illusion of consensus for pathetic counter-culture adolescents to latch onto. That'll show mum and dad.

Comment

I've seen tons of questionable things on the media and all sorts of entertainment.

People don't believe, nor care about most of these things, because it scares them of a hidden truth they don't want to acknowledge.

www.vigilantcitizen.com

http://www.openbible.info/topics/illuminati

"Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws."

Comment

I don't believe illuminati conspiracy theories. But I do believe many large corporations have more control over things such as world media and governments. However if you look at the heads of the worlds largest corporations you will see that they are not Jewish as most illuminati conspiracists continuously to try to sell us.

Comment

it's fine if someone doesn't believe in that Illuminati thing.

but think about your government ultimately controlling everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                You seem like someone who actually knows about ****..well done you pwned this clown squeelpiggy...

Comment

The Illuminati exists,they were formed in Bayern (Germany)..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      I don't believe illuminati conspiracy theories. But I do believe many large corporations have more control over things such as world media and governments. However if you look at the heads of the worlds largest corporations you will see that they are not Jewish as most illuminati conspiracists continuously to try to sell us.
                      But that's not a secret society covertly pulling the strings. That's out in the open. People like William Randolph Hearst and Rupert Murdoch, professional lobbyists for entire industries, individual politicians taking bribes or bedding up with criminals, all this stuff is a matter of record. It's all traceable.

A secret society. Of unknown people. People wielding tremendous power but apparently extremely loath to talk about it. Why would they bother? What's the point of being the king if nobody knows you rule them?

To believe in "the Illuminati" or the "New World Order" is to believe that there are anonymous individuals that literally rule the world and don't want anyone to find out about it. Oh my, I have a great idea for a short story.

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                      it's fine if someone doesn't believe in that Illuminati thing.

but think about your government ultimately controlling everything.
                      Who in the government is controlling everything? Every (western) politician is at the whims of their electorate. If they fail they lose their job, and this happens with great frequency.

The problem with conspiratorial thinking is that it follows torturously illogical pathways.

1. The politicians are dictating everything?

Well no. If they screw up or they hang on too long in power they are deposed by the electorate.

2. The Senate/Lords are dictating everything?

Well, no again. They are given powers as the second house, but their powers depend on selection by an elected government and may be overridden by an Act of Parliament.

3. The people behind the politicians are dictating everything?

And this is where conspiracy thinking leads us. We have to believe not that politicians are immutable. But there are people who are immutable. People who are politically invulnerable. And they sit in the shadows, receive no accolade, no recognition, living modestly and silently and taking no reward for their actions in ruling the world. No reward.

People are hierarchical animals. We are drawn to positions of power. You need only watch the power struggles between children in the playground to know that hierarchies are innate and that being at the top is a prominent goal. But being at the top and nobody knows about it? Why you're not at the top at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X