No announcement yet.

Froch wasnt physical at all.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch wasnt physical at all.

I honestly believed that Froch would be the one to give Ward a run with his physical nature. But I was really disappointed with his aggressiveness. He began to look to Smoger for assistance (a la Dirrell). With all the **** he talked I just expected him to take some wild chances once Ward got him down on the scorecards. He looked unusually nervous and tenative from the intro to the fights end. In your opinion was he scared or did I miss it and he always looked that shaken before and during his fights? I do understand that SOG did things to make him hesitate but he did not fight like a guy who thought Ward couldnt bang. Its just what I saw from the out set, what you think?

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    I honestly believed that Froch would be the one to give Ward a run with his physical nature. But I was really disappointed with his aggressiveness. He began to look to Smoger for assistance (a la Dirrell). With all the **** he talked I just expected him to take some wild chances once Ward got him down on the scorecards. He looked unusually nervous and tenative from the intro to the fights end. In your opinion was he scared or did I miss it and he always looked that shaken before and during his fights? I do understand that SOG did things to make him hesitate but he did not fight like a guy who thought Ward couldnt bang. Its just what I saw from the out set, what you think?
    Yeah froch defiantly did not deliver but Not to take away from ward , ward boxed him great kept that jab in his face

Comment

Ward was coming forward and Froch was on the back foot all night.

Ward had the speed, accuracy, and the power to dictate the fight.
      Froch appeared to be the weaker man- surprisingly

Comment

nah...

Froch was just shook of Wards awesome power.

Comment

Ward beat him on the inside, the outside, going backwards and going forwards.

Froch tried just about everything to win that fight but was completley shut down at every attempt (he even tried grinding his head against Wards eye towards the end)

Everytime he missed a punch he got hit with 2 or 3 back.

I think he's usually a bit nervous and starts a bit slow/of par but then settles down. He knew Ward had him beat in that fight early on so never got confidence as the fight progressed that he usually has.

Great performance by Ward, and both guys were classy in victory/defeat.

Shame the fight wasnt great lol

Comment

I guess I was more surprised at the doubt in his face before the fight. I was watching it with my father and we simultaneously said he looks scared. Im used to him being smug in his Nottingham sorta way. Its like he knew he was in trouble.

Comment

Froch should of watched Marquez/Katsidis before the fight.

Comment

He wasn't scared, just perceptibly nervous, knowing the task in front of him and what was on the line.

He spent too long trying to box and not 'make mistakes' against a faster, better athlete possessed of superior technique - his limitations and ingrained flaws gave him no chance in that kind of a fight, and he realized what he had to do too late to change the outcome. You can't break Ward down in a few rounds; Froch needed to build pressure from early on.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Ward controlled him with his feints. Thats why Froch was stiff all night.

Comment

i think he suddenly realized he was out of his depth

i think froch has just found his level. hes a good fighter who can bang with the likes of miranda, greene, johnson, taylor, pascal, cloud etc.

but against the top fighters (ward, kessler, dawson) i think he gets found out. i think bute would also get the decision over him.

Comment

Working...
                    X