Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER never planned to make 144...and GBP knew that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm why was the contract submitted to the nsac 4 hours prior to the weigh in? espn has confirmed floyd re-negotiated the contract on wednesday. he weighed 149-150 in july but couldnt make 144 september 18? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im not a rocket scientist but im pretty sure i can put 2 n 2 togethor, can u?

bottom line is they pulled a fast one, gained a 2lb advantage on a fight that's already looked at as a tuneup and are taking heat for it. was it really worth 2lbs n 600k when floyd would win regardless? no, so why bother. it's not a good example to set 4 the sport.

people aren't fooled, that's why the fight never sold out.
    Last edited by sandyvahra; 09-19-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      how does that change the fact that they lied to the public??
      **** floyd and his lies.
      Well, when you say "they" lied to the public, shouldn';t you also say "eff Floyd, Juan and Oscar"? Clearly, FMJ did not make these decisions unilaterally. Right?

And who lied to the public? The guy who said "I weigh what i weigh", or the promoter who sold it as a catchweight (when it wasn't).

Breathe for a second. The ONLY person who told you the truth, actually, was Floyd. Isn't that right?

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
        Al Haymon, STFU. .
        Um, no.

Comment

All the evidence says that GBP knew what was happening

Floyd Mayweather Hypes Upcoming Bout, Knocks Pacquiao Camp
          Posted Jul 14th 2009 9:00PM by Nancy Gay
          Filed under: Golden Boy Promotions, HBO

The hype machine restarted on Tuesday for the rescheduled Sept. 19 comeback fight of welterweight champ Floyd Mayweather Jr., who is set to re-enter the ring against lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez following a 13-month long "retirement" from boxing.

Another mystery is the contract fight weight. Both sides will only say that this is a welterweight fight, and hinted that 140 pounds will be the minimum. The welterweight limit is 147 pounds. Why the secrecy here for a non-title fight? How about show business? "It's the most anticipated weigh-in ever because everyone will want to know what the weight is! Be at the weigh-in!" Schaefer said.

Despite rumblings that the event wasn't selling well prior to Mayweather's injury -- "This clearly is the single-most anticipated fight of the year, contrary to some reports ... this fight is doing extremely well,'' Schaefer said -- the Marquez camp doesn't doubt that Mayweather truly hurt himself.

"I think there is solid evidence from paperwork from his doctors,'' Marquez said through an interpreter. The popular Mexican champion remained "calm" during the Mayweather injury, he said, and took his family to a beach resort for a week to relax.

De La Hoya, who is promoting Marquez, said the winner of Mayweather-Marquez -- now conveniently rescheduled for the huge-drawing PPV weekend of Mexican Independence Day -- should be considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Why? Because De La Hoya believes Marquez beat Pacquaio twice, despite a draw and a split decision in Pacquaio's favor in the two fighters' previous bouts at featherweight and super featherweight.

Asked to specifically choose which boxer is best, Mayweather or Pacquaio, De La Hoya -- who has fought both – said, "I would have to go with Floyd.

"Obviously with all due respect to Juan Manuel, he is obviously up there ... but Mayweather, he's an all-around good fighter,'' said De La Hoya said, who may have been promoting this fight rather than speaking what he believes, after Pacquaio destroyed him last December at 145 pounds. "When I fought Manny, obviously the circumstances were different. But I felt more 'skill' coming out of Mayweather than I did with Pacquaio."

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
            Hmmm why was the contract submitted to the nsac 4 hours prior to the weigh in? espn has confirmed floyd re-negotiated the contract on wednesday. he weighed 149-150 in july but couldnt make 144 september 18? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im not a rocket scientist but im pretty sure i can put 2 n 2 togethor, can u?

bottom line is they pulled a fast one, gained a 2lb advantage on a fight that's already looked at as a tuneup and are taking heat for it. was it really worth 2lbs n 600k when floyd would win regardless? no, so why bother. it's not a good example to set 4 the sport.

Richard Schaefer was telling you TWO MONTHS AGO that you must be at the weigh-in, and that it would be an anticipated weigh-in.

Did Schaefer and/or Oscar seem surprised or upset yesterday? i think they knew Floyd never planned to make 144, and they were cool with it. moreover, I think they are loving the controversy.

i'm looking back at all these articles and videos from the summer. They knew.

Comment

Originally posted by BadNewz View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez comes in bigger than Floyd tonight. Who cares about weigh-in weight? That's just for show. Fight night weight is the only weight that matters.

Sig worthy stuff right there.

Comment

Al Haymon, quit posting up all this articles with PROOF about the weight situation man...you know Floyd is a cheater no matter how much proof you post...its Floyd we HAVE TO BASH HIM...remember?!?!

hahahahaaha

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                  bottom line is they pulled a fast one,

1) Who do you mean by "they'?

2) Oscar-Pac did not sell out, yet was a successful fight. Sellouts are not necessarily an indicator of financial success. Gatti would sell out Boardwalk hall, but only had one PPV.

Promoters prefer PPV sales to gate revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Good find dude. 4 pounds isn't **** either way. Let's see what Floyd weighs tonight to gauge how big a difference they are at.
                    Yes it is and he probably won't let them weigh him.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Sig worthy stuff right there.
                      Nelson,

What's your perspective on this whole weight fiasco?

this is like Watergate: "what did they know, and when did they know it?"

Comment

Working...
                      X