Collapse
No announcement yet.

any american car owners here? or fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any american car owners here? or fans?

ok so i'm looking to buy my 1st american car hopefully at some point this year. I've always liked them from a young age (i'm from uk) probably looking around $10,000 (£6,000) uk or there abouts, maybe more not sure,,what are your thoughts on these models? has anyone owned any listed below? what should i get, what should i stay away from? thanks alot

these are just what ive come across in jan, obviously more will turn up summer time.

89 corvette

69 pontiac catalina

71 mustang

72 plymouth satellite

73 lincoln cont mk3

77 chrysler imperial new yorker

79 trans am

75 lincoln mk5

65 cadillac calais

81 cadillac deville

75 trans am

79 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance

74 Chevrolet Caprice

83 cadi deville

76 thunderbird

86 caddi fleetwood

83 chevy monte carlo

70 Lincoln Continental sedan

68 Cadillac coupe

Originally posted by blast beats View Post
    ok so i'm looking to buy my 1st american car hopefully at some point this year. I've always liked them from a young age (i'm from uk) probably looking around $10,000 (£6,000) uk or there abouts, maybe more not sure,,what are your thoughts on these models? has anyone owned any listed below? what should i get, what should i stay away from? thanks alot

these are just what ive come across in jan, obviously more will turn up summer time.

89 corvette Stay away

69 pontiac catalina Fabulous choice

71 mustang try 65-70

72 plymouth satellite try 60's

73 lincoln cont mk3 good choice

77 chrysler imperial new yorker honestly don't know

79 trans am fabulous choice

75 lincoln mk5 try mid 60's suicide doors

65 cadillac calais don't know bout calais's in the 60's

81 cadillac deville Too new

75 trans am can be built, but stock leaves disapointment

79 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'elegance 73 coupe 472

74 Chevrolet Caprice reasonable

83 cadi deville nope

76 thunderbird don't know

86 caddi fleetwood no

83 chevy monte carlo 1970-81 or 86-88ss

70 Lincoln Continental sedan boss whip (in coupe form)

68 Cadillac coupe
    Absolutely

You have a varying contrast of style. Do you want luxury or muscle??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Absolutely

You have a varying contrast of style. Do you want luxury or muscle??
      thanks for replying, I saw you said stay away from the vette, ive heard that a few times, on the net and tv, usually problems with electrics ive heard?

it will probably end up luxury i'd love a muscle car but the most of the prices can be crazy especially when you start looking at 60's models, unless i win the lottery, it'll be around something i mentioned on the list

Comment

here's another atg

Comment

i don't know the general price tags for each make and model you listed, but i would assume you would need more than 10,000 USD to buy a well maintained one. unless you're looking to buy one and turn it into a project. i'm into mid-late 60s/early 70s muscle cars. i wouldn't look into buying one with less than $15,000 (12,000 at the least if you know what you're looking for.)
          also, you listed quite a wide variety of different cars. i would suggest to really research and check out all these different cars and narrow down what exactly you are seriously into owning/buying. after that, hit up the classifieds or whatever to see what's out there. not sure how the market is in the uk for these types of cars though.

EDIT just looked around at some of the cars you listed. they're not as expensive as i originally thought. you could find some of them with $10k. have you looked around and found listings for these cars in the uk?
          Last edited by chiguy91; 01-22-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
              here's another atg

Its nice to dream but with what he's spending, he'll never find anything remotely close to that

It will look like this and probably wont run

Comment

The 79 Trans am sounds cool. Watch that movie Smoky and the bandit.

Comment

Personally id go with the chevelle ss, nova ss or elco ss route. Just depends on what youre trying to do (having a decent nice whip right now/not really looking to do any restoration through the years vs. Trying to do some restoration and having a really nice whip down the line). With that said, any car you choose will eventually be somewhat a money pit.

Chevelle is cream of the crop, very expensive especially if you buy somewhat restored. Personally, i like the late 60's to early 70's models.

Nova ss's are nice, kind of a poor mans chevelle, but still really nice/respectable. Youll have to flip through the years of novas to see what kind of body frame floats your boat. Compared to chevlles, novas are very affordable, you can probably find one that is in really good shaoe and still have some money leftover to do what you want with.

Elco's. Great car, but they dont float everybodys boat. Personally i like the mid 70s to mid 80s models, theyre more sportier and less of a whale of a car than other years. These are cheaper cars, you can buy one thats pretty close to being restored, and still have money left over.

Comment

before I die my dream is to own me one of these lovely monsters

Comment

Working...
                    X