Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Andre Ward be considered great if......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Andre Ward be considered great if......

he doesn't conquer multiple weight divisions?
    Yes
    97.14%
    No
    2.86%

I think before his career is over, we'll see him become a multi-time LHW titlist. If there's any guy who has the skill-set to be ATG material in this current era, it's Ward. He's a very complete and mature fighter. IDK how people constitute ATG status, but if he dominates SMW like B-Hop did MW, I think he could be considered an ATG.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 03-18-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

To be a great fighter today, you almost have to be a weight jumper, kinda of stupid, but whatever. But to really be great, no matter what, he needs to fight Bute and Dirrell. If he does that and makes a Hopkin's style run at 168, maybe he could be considered great if he never moved up.

Comment

lots of greats have stayed in one division. well, at least i would consider them greats. look at my avi. hagler was a one divisional champion. it's very possible. he deff would need to fight bute and the dirrell brothers for the time being. with ward though, i think he will eventually move up, it's only a matter of time.
        Last edited by chiguy91; 03-18-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Is Hagler great?

Comment

you dont have to jump divisions to be great

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Is Hagler great?
              exactly......

Comment

You don't have to moved up multiple weight-class in order to be considered great.

Comment

Main thing is to fight great fighters

If 168 becomes like 130 or HW, with only easy fights, then he would have to move up

Comment

He could always stay there and defend his title 20 times against bums.

That makes you great, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                    X