Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

angulo lost because he punched himself out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He punched himself out. Any smart fighter wouldve picked their punches better and knocked Kirkland out. He was basically done after that round
    there were 6 rounds of fighting.............angulo actually got his legs back in the 3rd but was still hurting from body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      I see, so explaining an exciting fight automatically means youre making excuses for a fighter?

this is why I dont bother posting on here often anymore.

Its clear as day that Angulo exhausted himself trying to finish Kirkland, and its also clear as day that the reason Kirkland won was because he attacked directly back after Angulo started losing his steam, and never gave Angulo a chance to recover or get his second wind. a less tenacious fighter would have simply ran away more and tried to recover, but Kirkland took the opportunity to attack while Angulo was gassed, pounding him to the head and body.
      Well get the Fuc out chicken. Bye!

Comment

If anything, Angulo had conditioning.

Anyone that "blows their load" in the 1st round as these clowns are putting it, won't make it to the 6th round; especially after almost getting murdered in the 2nd, unless Angulo got a 2nd breath.

If Angulo did get a 2nd breath, guess what? He never lost his load after all but recovered. Which is what a lot of fighters go through daily.

Comment

I see, so explaining an exciting fight automatically means youre making excuses for a fighter?

this is why I dont bother posting on here often anymore.

Its clear as day that Angulo exhausted himself trying to finish Kirkland, and its also clear as day that the reason Kirkland won was because he attacked directly back after Angulo started losing his steam, and never gave Angulo a chance to recover or get his second wind. a less tenacious fighter would have simply ran away more and tried to recover, but Kirkland took the opportunity to attack while Angulo was gassed, pounding him to the head and body.
          read the title. I asked DID ANGULO LOSE BECAUSE OF "GASSING HIMSELF"

not if angulo gassed himself in the 1st round or not.

i don't think that angulo gassed himself completely. I think it had more to do with kirkland following him with body shots. at one point angulo even COVERS HIS BODY COMPLETELY FROM THE BODY SHOTS. kirkland was relentless after angulos punches in bunches. I've seen angulo do that to countless of other fighters & ether ko'd them or he regrouped. kirkland brought the fight to him............

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Well get the Fuc out chicken. Bye!
            lol.

Grow up. Your boxing knowledge and even basic kinesiology is basically nonexistant.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              there were 6 rounds of fighting.............angulo actually got his legs back in the 3rd but was still hurting from body shots.
              It was one sided for 5 rounds because Angulo was done after the 1st. Kirkland gets credit for staying on him but anyone can see Angulo was throwing mainly arm punches after the 1st round

Comment

read the title. I asked DID ANGULO LOSE BECAUSE OF "GASSING HIMSELF"

not if angulo gassed himself in the 1st round or not.

i don't think that angulo gassed himself completely. I think it had more to do with kirkland following him with body shots. at one point angulo even COVERS HIS BODY COMPLETELY FROM THE BODY SHOTS. kirkland was relentless after angulos punches in bunches. I've seen angulo do that to countless of other fighters & ether ko'd them or he regrouped. kirkland brought the fight to him............
                Would Angulo have lost had he not gassed himself out? Difficult question. If he had taken his time more an picked his shots, its not unheard of that he would have finished off Kirkland in the first round...Kirkland was pretty ****ed up. But at the same time, its possible that Kirkland could have just recovered, and eventually still worn down Angulo with his relentless attack. No one knows for certain.

But the manner of Angulos loss was definitely based on him gassing himself out. He was flat from the 2nd or 3rd round on, and was fighting in slow motion. Certainly Kirkland's attack largely contributed to that, but imo Angulo would have been much more sharp and alive had he not gassed himself in that first round.

I definitely do not think that Angulo would have been dropped in the first round, had he not exhausted himself in that first attack. Although he might have gone on to lose anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  James did a great job last night of staying on him after YES Angulo blew his wad when he KD Kirkland but failed to finish him.

I don't see how its an excuse, its Angulo's own fault if he wasn't prepared for that tough of a fight and thought he would easily ko Kirkland or just burned up too much energy too fast when a quick victory just wasn't there.

It doesn't take away from Kirkland at all really, he fought a relentless fight stayed strong mentally and won in impressive fashion.
                  it's an excuse only because thats what ANGULO DOES. he's done that against other boxers but he regrouped when he saw that he couldn't get the ko (past opponents were too weak to fight him off) but heres the problem. KIRKLAND followed angulo after his TYPICAL flurry & hurt angulo to the body & head.......it really had little to do with angulo "gassing" because angulo has done the same against other opponents. it was more to do with kirklands will to follow angulo & bring the fight to his body.

Comment

it's an excuse only because thats what ANGULO DOES. he's done that against other boxers but he regrouped when he saw that he couldn't get the ko (past opponents were too weak to fight him off) but heres the problem. KIRKLAND followed angulo after his TYPICAL flurry & hurt angulo to the body & head.......it really had little to do with angulo "gassing" because angulo has done the same against other opponents. it was more to do with kirklands will to follow angulo & bring the fight to his body.
                    You are very correct, Kirkland won because he stayed on him and wouldn't let him recover while other fighters fear the power and pressure so they run and give Angulo time to catch his breath but I am not saying Kirkland won only because Angulo gassed a bit I am just saying it played a critical role in the fight and how it played out.

Comment

Would Angulo have lost had he not gassed himself out? Difficult question. If he had taken his time more an picked his shots, its not unheard of that he would have finished off Kirkland in the first round...Kirkland was pretty ****ed up. But at the same time, its possible that Kirkland could have just recovered, and eventually still worn down Angulo with his relentless attack. No one knows for certain.

But the manner of Angulos loss was definitely based on him gassing himself out. He was flat from the 2nd or 3rd round on, and was fighting in slow motion. Certainly Kirkland's attack largely contributed to that, but imo Angulo would have been much more sharp and alive had he not gassed himself in that first round.

I definitely do not think that Angulo would have been dropped in the first round, had he not exhausted himself in that first attack. Although he might have gone on to lose anyway.
                      angulo threw his typical "flurry" & tried to regroup like he's done countless of times & he became the hunted. in that case angulo has gassed in rounds against many of his past opponents. Angulo always throws punches in bunches & backs off & breaks the opponent down in the later rounds when he can't get the ko early. thats what he was gonna do but kirklands body shots stopped him in his tracks............also. to know how the fight would be if angulo didn't throw his typical flurry (which most of it was blocked, hit gloves) you have to look at the styles. EVEN BEFORE angulo threw that flurry kirkland was beating him. kirkland is QUICKER & punches in combinantions. angulo was gonna look slow & outworked regardless of the flurry. kirkland was beyond conditioned by wolf in that fight.......

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY POSTERS SUCH AS YOURSELF SPREADING MISINFORMATION ABOUT THIS FIGHT IN NSB. it's gotten beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X