Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys really think Oscar would put Canelo in the ring with King Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Yes. Oscar is a fighter who never ducked anyone. That's why Golden Boy is taking over the sport, little by little. Oscar puts his fighters in with real competition because that's what he use to do. He will not protect Canelo or any other GB fighter because it's not in his nature. So although he's a business man, he was a fighter first and you see that with his stable of fighters.

Comment

Nope.

Trout was a decent fighter with limited power who had a hard night with Cotto, Sergio is a whole different animal. He's faster, more skilled, hits harder...yeah, wouldn't happen.

Comment

Canelo isnt a hype job anymore beat the best at 154.

But to answer...he would. If either Sergio looks bad on Sat in a win or if Canelo demands it. Maybe at a catchweight..if Sergio wins he could try to work with Floyd and get the fight down to 154. Same for Canelo. That fight would be HUGE if Floyd fought the winner and I dont think Floyd would be heavily favored for once. They might be a tad big for Floyd but that would be a huge temptation.

Floyd could also move the winner of the 140 tourny up but unless Kahn wins it, it wont be as lucrative as a 154 fight...

Comment

I would like to see this fight in the future Lou Dibella already said he would work with GBP and Showtime.

If the fight is at 154 why not? I think Canelo will do a lot better then Chavez Jr did agains't Martinez and Canelo is not that easy to hit.

Canelo is only 22 but the guy wants to fight the best fighters out there. Thats way I am a fan of Canelo's I also like Cotto for the same reason.

Comment

No. End thread.

Comment

Senseless question considering he just beat Trout. Assuming that Canelo was obligated to fight Trout, well, you saw the fight. It's not like Trout murdered him first before giving up his belt. Didn't Alvarez already issue a challenge to Martinez and Segio threw a roadblock? I'm no fan of both, but people need to use their brains sometimes. It really doesn't matter whether you see it as a mismatch or not, which is subjective. The important thing is to see these fights happen. Personally, Sergio has the advantage at 160, but I think the fight is even at 154.

Comment

No. He's 22 and his frame fits perfectly into the junior middleweight division. No sense in jumping up weight classes, and there'd be no way he'd be ready for Sergio at this stage.

Comment

It's unrealistic and down right evil to want Canelo to face Martinez. The fact is that far greater and more accomplished fighters won't fight Martinez, how can we expect a future cashcow to face him?? The kid just got his feet wet.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    Ok, he was forced to put him in the ring with Trout, the fans would accept nothing less, and they still looked for ways out.
                    But with that being said..Congrats to Canelo on the victory.

Now...Canelo Vs King Martinez???? Don't you guys know that Martinez Ko's him with 3-6 round with sharp counters and power punches. Can you imagine Canelo's neck snapping back with each punch?

Mayweather is a wayyyyy safer fight, Canelo actually has a chance at beating Mayweather, he however has non at beating Martinez.

Oscar ain't letting Canelo go anywhere near that.
                    When the day comes that canelo wins a belt at 160, then and only then will you have a point. Let's focus on the 154 champs first. They include canelo and Floyd. Quit being an over protective hen.

Comment

it's a winnable fight for canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X