No announcement yet.

Worst title reign in History.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst title reign in History.

Lamont won the IBF title from Khan by one point, despite failing a drugs test. He didn't get stripped, has now been ko'd and is still champ! Can anyone beat that?

Actually Khan won the Peterson fight on my scorecard (even with the point deductions).
    But anyways, Peterson is a really good boxer and I have seen a lot worse world champions than him.

Comment

Lamont at least fought quality opponents in his division. Berto to me takes the nod. He won the wbc belt and made title defense after title defense against no name European fighters and mexican taxi cab fighters. All televised on HBO during which the welterweight division was the hottest in boxing.

Comment

In before Daggum

Comment

Luis Santana want's a word with you, son.

Comment

That award goes to Alex Arthur. Handed the WBO Super-featherweight title after Joan Guzman vacated. He lost it in his next fight against Nicky Cook.

The arrogant self publicist goes about telling anyone who will listen that he was a world champion. On paper, yes, but he neither won it in the ring or defended it.

Comment

Carlos Maussa

Comment

Perhaps you should look up Joey Gamache. Two time champion, he might have the honor twice.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Perhaps you should look up Joey Gamache. Two time champion, he might have the honor twice.
                  I think Gamache was a good fighter. Gatti beat him having a big weight advantage over him and he also came up short against Tony Lopez. But just skillwise, Gamache was not bad.

Comment

I think lately the most disappointing - not the worst - has to be Jermaine Taylor. I respect Taylor but his middleweight reign underwhelmed big time.

Comment

Working...
                    X