No announcement yet.

So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by U Got Punished View Post
    without a question in my opinion. this guy accomplished a boat load of success considering many fighters refused to fight him. i still remember seeing an interview with sugar shane mosley saying that paul williams would be the last guy he would like to face. this guy wanted all the big fights but always had a hard time getting them into the ring.
    You can literally switch Paul's name with Antonio Margarito in this post and it would still make sense.

Comment

Only Kev would start this kind of thread and say Cotto doesn't deserve it. What has this guy done? His best wins were both losses IMO (Sergio and Lara) so... how does that even make you borderline? I feel for the guy no doubt but come on, be real.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Do you guys think Paul Williams should enter the HOF when he's eligible, why or why not?

Wins over Martinez, Winky, Lara[controversially], Margarito, Quintana, Cintron.

Okay wins against Ishida, Mitchell, Walter Matthysse.

If i'm not mistaken he's a 2 time champion at WW, interim champion at 154 if you want to count that, and at one point was calling every one out from 147-160 and was willing to fight them at their weight class.

As a big fan, I would say he's borderline HOF. I think Williams at age 30 was not done, and I think he would have ended up adding Canelo and 3-4 other names on his resume and have a sure HOF resume. Being a borderline HOF'er at age 30, you were pretty damn good then.
        Lets not talk about it!!!!!!!! I feel bad for the guy, its a tragedy no doubt, but NO WAY does he get in or belong in the hall of fame. There shouldnt even be a debate about it and im suprised you even had the balls to make this thread. His greatest strength was a little pop and the volume of punches he threw, other than that, no defense, decent chin, had only one strategy, could never adapt midfight to any opponents style. Sorry, but his name and HOF shouldnt even be mentioned.

Comment

Sadly no. If he woulda walked threw Martinez and cintron and not lost to Quintana and if he had a win over palvik then he would make it but at the end of his career since we can call it the end he fought cintron in fight that I personally felt he lost. Struggled greatly with Martinez and lost to Lara no to mention the knock out to Martinez and the fight he shoulda never lost to quintana

He had a good career tho beat some good fighters even of there was controversy you could always make a case for him to get the win except in the Lara fight

But he didn't do enough to make it in the hall of fame if he does I believe it'll be for sympathy no offense damn I felt bad saying that :/

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            You think he should be banned for asking a question and stating his opinion? Get a life, He wasn't being a d*ck or trolling.
            Nobody said he was being a dic* or trolling, hes sticking up for his boy Williams, but as I stated earlier, no way he gets in. I really disagree with him saying he would beat Canelo. I dont like Canelo, but no way he beats him. He might have even got KO'd. If it did go the distance, I think Alvarez gets a very wide UD, maybe even dropping Paul once or twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              he doesnt make it. not only is his accident eerily similar to what caused the death of diego corralles but so is his resume.
              I think Corrales is better All-Time than Williams, and I think Corrales will make it. Williams won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnybur View Post
                Nobody said he was being a dic* or trolling, hes sticking up for his boy Williams, but as I stated earlier, no way he gets in. I really disagree with him saying he would beat Canelo. I dont like Canelo, but no way he beats him. He might have even got KO'd. If it did go the distance, I think Alvarez gets a very wide UD, maybe even dropping Paul once or twice.
                The poster I was responding to said he should "be banned for this stupid thread". And while I disagree with Kev about Williams being deserving or close, its still a question many fans will ponder given this past weekends tragic event. In no way, shape or form a thread that is ban worthy or even stupid in my opinion.

Comment

Can any one who knows more than me about the HOF, name some fighters you thought were lesser fighters than Williams, accomplished less, etc?

I see this Barry guy being mentioned, why is he so bad? Why didn't he deserve to be in the HOF?[genuinely asking].

Any other HOF'ers who don't belong there?

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Only Kev would start this kind of thread and say Cotto doesn't deserve it. What has this guy done? His best wins were both losses IMO (Sergio and Lara) so... how does that even make you borderline? I feel for the guy no doubt but come on, be real.
                    You said it, not me. I said if Cotto gets in, Williams should too.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      The poster I was responding to said he should "be banned for this stupid thread". And while I disagree with Kev about Williams being deserving or close, its still a question many fans will ponder given this past weekends tragic event. In no way, shape or form a thread that is ban worthy or even stupid in my opinion.
                      Yeah your right, he went a little too far with the banned for this stupid thread comment. Although P-Will getting into the HOF is not a valid question, I can see how to his fans and others its a entertaining question that is conversation worthy if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                      X