No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: I Want To Make The Froch-Groves Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: I Want To Make The Froch-Groves Rematch

Promoter Eddie Hearn is itching to make the rematch between IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch (32-2, 23KOs) and his domestic rival George Groves (19-1, 15KOs). The fought in a highly publicized fight last month, where Groves knocked Froch down in the very first round and he was ahead on the official scorecards when the referee controversially stopped the fight in the ninth round. Groves says he was buzzed but says Froch was hurt far worse in several of the previous rounds and the referee allowed the contest to go on.

[Click Here To Read More]

Groves should fight Stieglitz in the meantime and grab his belt (like he should've done last year), whilst Froch gets his last big money fight against Chavez Jr. or some other names he mentioned. Then, Froch-Groves II at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

Yes, obviously the stoppage was crap, but Groves could likely end Froch's career next time they fight. Therefore Froch might as well take one last big payday before bowing out and getting punished by a now-even-angrier Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Groves should fight Stieglitz in the meantime and grab his belt (like he should've done last year), whilst Froch gets his last big money fight against Chavez Jr. or some other names he mentioned. Then, Froch-Groves II at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

Yes, obviously the stoppage was crap, but Groves could likely end Froch's career next time they fight. Therefore Froch might as well take one last big payday before bowing out and getting punished by a now-even-angrier Groves.
      Well that would be the sensible thing, but I think Jr is in the works for Ward and that's the fight HBO want, GGG possibly for either Froch/Ward but I doubt it anytime soon.

I really think Groves/Froch 2 will happen soon

Comment

Hearn with HBO talking about this and that but not talking about the only one called FROCH out : ADONIS STEVENSON;GROVES deserves the fight more than anybody else obviously, if not him the next that deserves the fight is ADONIS,FROCH avoided him to fight KESSLER when STEVENSON was mandatory.!!! NOBODY WANTS TO SEE WARD BEATING FROCH ANOTHER TIME,BUT THIS TIME WITH TWO ARMS;GOLOVKIN WANTS MIDDLEWEIGHTS FIGHTS and CHAVEZ has to think about VERA II because his credibility!
        Last edited by lutenco; 12-07-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
          Hearn with HBO talking about this and that but not talking about the only one called FROCH out : ADONIS STEVENSON;GROVES deserves the fight more than anybody else obviously, if not him the next that deserves the fight is ADONIS,FROCH avoided him to fight KESSLER when STEVENSON was mandatory.!!! NOBODY WANTS TO SEE WARD BEATING FROCH ANOTHER TIME,BUT THIS TIME WITH TWO ARMS;GOLOVKIN WANTS MIDDLEWEIGHTS FIGHTS and CHAVEZ has to think about VERA II because his credibility!
          Cool it with the ALL CAPS El Macho. Its too early in the morning for yelling. Lets not act like Froch ducked Stevenson here. At the time Stevenson was not a household name and brought way lower money. Its like you fighting me or Mike Tyson. You can win or lose either way but your only gonna make $10 fighting me so you might as well fight Mike & make more. I for one would watch Ward-Froch II but only if Ward went to the UK. GGG said he would fight anyone up to 175 which is why Froch has an option with him and lastly Chavez would have a waaaaaaaay better chance against Froch than Ward at 168 so that is a possibility as well. Plus he may skip Vera from what I am hearing on various boxing podcasts.

Comment

The light-heavyweight Stevenson? Froch isn't fighting above 168 and Stevenson's promoter says he isn't moving down.

Anyway, Froch will rematch Groves. When all is said and done I'm fairly sure Hearn is his boss and if Hearn wants it...

Comment

Leave it out. Nobody knew who Stevenson was back then. Froch was more interested in avenging his defeat to the best super-middleweight out there except Ward. It's only recently Stevenson has become someone to get excited about.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to think Froch avoided him then go for it.

Comment

Fight's not gunna happen

Comment

watching froch commentate on sky sports and I think he lost his gumption

Comment

froch takes a vacation with stevenson

Comment

Working...
                    X