Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC & Shane now officially #1 & 3 Ring welters. Should the fight be for lineal title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the names this division has, it sort of sucks...those five undefeated fighters need to face the other ranked fighters on the list...not many big fights happening @ WW besides mosley/pacquiao. never look at the ring's rankings anymore though

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Yes he will be, just like Rocky Marciano is still the HW lineal champ even though he never fought again
      So explain to me how Floyd loses that title

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        So explain to me how Floyd loses that title
        Floyd will lose that title just like how everybody else losses that title. You either lose it in the ring, officially campaign in another weight-class or you officially retire.

Is this not known? I'm actually surprise that you would ask such a question. You're a very knowledgeable poster. I like you as a poster. So I expect you to know how any fighter, not just Floyd. But, any fighter losses a lineal title.

Comment

When the recognized number 1 and 2 of that division fight, or Floyd loses. Scenario 1 Pac beats Mosley and Fights Ortiz whoever wins, lineal champ. Scenario 2 Floyd fights either Pac or Ortiz or any Welter and loses to them, whoever beats him will be lineal champ. Scenario 3 Floyd retires officially then see scenario 1

Comment

Floyd will lose that title just like how everybody else losses that title. You either lose it in the ring, officially campaign in another weight-class or you officially retire.

Is this not known? I'm actually surprise that you would ask such a question. You're a very knowledgeable poster. I like you as a poster. So I expect you to know how any fighter, not just Floyd. But, any fighter losses a lineal title.
            So lets say he never "officially" retires, so hes the lineal champ

Face it, lineal champ is hte Ring champ

Comment

So lets say he never "officially" retires, so hes the lineal champ

Face it, lineal champ is hte Ring champ
              No the ring champ is not the lineal champ. There has been examples of that in the past and even now.

Who doesn't officially retire? But, OK...Whatever bro if you don't consider him lineal is all good.

Comment

No the ring champ is not the lineal champ. There has been examples of that in the past and even now.

Who doesn't officially retire? But, OK...Whatever bro if you don't consider him lineal is all good.
                Name me a few, especially now.

Comment

It says the Ring title is vacant so if Pacquiao wants it he should fight the #2 WW which is Ortiz. Beating Mosley, who hasn't won a fight since January 2009, shouldn't give anybody anything. Now if Mosley beats Pacquiao, obviously he should be bumped up to #1 then fight Ortiz for the WW Ring title.

Pacquiao will fight Mosley, then Marquez, then the winner of Cotto-Margarito II, Bradley and Judah are also in the mix. No Mayweather["I will never forgive the Mayweathers and GBP"], no Ortiz["He needs 2-3 more fights"], no Martinez["he's too big"].

Comment

Name me a few, especially now.
                    Especially now? LOL,

Floyd is lineal champ at WW and has been since the Mosley fight. The ring had it vacant all this time.

The Flyweight division has had a lineal champ since the 70's in Miguel Canto. The Ring didn't have a champ until last year.

The ring had Vitaly Klitschko has their champ, in 2003 but he wasn't the lineal champ.

The ring had Roy Jones>Tarver>Johnson>Tarver>Hopkins>Calzaghe as it's LHW champions. But, the lineage went to Dariuzs M>Gonzalez>Erdei.

Ring and lineage are not the same. For the majority they could have the same champ. But, at times they could have a different champ.

But, again bro, is whatever. If you don't want to count Floyd as a lineal champ then don't. He hasn't officially retired so I have him as a lineal champ.

Comment

Question?

Say PAC beats Mosley just like Floyd did last year... What if Floyd campaigns at 154 or 140 upon his return say December. What happens to Floyds lineal title?

Comment

Working...
                      X