No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
    Saunders is a bit tricky and a good mover, I think he could give Canelo all the problems in the world.
    Saunders has got better since his Eubank Jr win so I say BJS wins on points but gets robbed.
    Same here... Even if Canelo lose, he wins on cards...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      This is a good fight for me and quite an interesting mesh of styles - there's actually quite a few stylistic similarities between the two fighters and I'm not at all convinced Canelos actually the better boxer despite having been on the bigger stage. On neutral ground I'd be tempted to pick Saunders in a close UD / SD type fight, though in he's too easy to score against to get the nod in Vegas.
      No one is getting an SD against Canelo, you can forget about it.

Comment

I think Canelo will beat any middleweight in the world except GGG. I think Saunders is very good and would give Canelo trouble. As was seen in his fight with Khan Canelo is a very smart fighter who figures out how to deal with difficult fighters. He had Khan figured out in couple of rounds and dominated the fight from then on. Canelo should figure Saunders out enough to win. Saunders has a good chin so he might go the distance but Canelo should get the win without any unfair judging help.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          This actually a very interesting idea. If Alvarez were to vacate can't GBP just tempt Saunders for bout? Assuming Alvarez wins the WBO, it's all over again with negotiations for all the belts!
          I've mentioned this a few times and it's a very real option for Canelo - vacate the WBC then lure BJS over to the States for a big $ fight for the WBO title. Seems like the smart option if he wants to keep his toes in the MW pond and not risk what's likely to be a pretty ignominious loss to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
            No one is getting an SD against Canelo, you can forget about it.
            ...'On neutral ground'

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I've mentioned this a few times and it's a very real option for Canelo - vacate the WBC then lure BJS over to the States for a big $ fight for the WBO title. Seems like the smart option if he wants to keep his toes in the MW pond and not risk what's likely to be a pretty ignominious loss to GGG.
              I don't think it has anything to do with Alvarez afraid or worried about losing. I think it had to do with the frustration or limitation for what the A side wants for the limited time and the WBC must abide by its own rules. If Alvarez were the B side none of the theory about "worryness" would matter. It all about comfort vs mandatory demands and what Alvarez's camp and GBP feels for purses. That's all it is. It's more about feeling spoiled rather than cowardice.

If Alvarez provides Saunders with a nice payday then Alvarez claims the WBO and we are back to square one.

Comment

Saunders would have to win by decision.

He has literally no chance of getting that decision against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  Who would win?

I think Saunders could trouble Canelo with his fast hands and slickness.
                  Saunders could easily pocket some early rounds but Canelos superior strength and power would trouble him late. I reckon Saunders makes it to the end but Canelo wins...12-0 lol The judges don't even bother watching the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Saunders could easily pocket some early rounds but Canelos superior strength and power would trouble him late. I reckon Saunders makes it to the end but Canelo wins...12-0 lol The judges don't even bother watching the fight.
                    I would have a better chance of being announced the winner on my couch.

Comment

I think Saunders gives Canelo hell, but ultimately Canelo's hand speed would be the difference in a close decision. BJS would match Canelo in size and handle his power fine and has better footwork. It'd probably be boring fight with Saunders trying to stay on the outside and limit exchanges due to Canelo's superior hand speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X