Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets be brutally honest here, Andre Dirrell is Superior tp James Degale at boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirrell has better handspeed and throws straighter shots but this version doesn't really box like the younger Dirrell did now he just kind of walks forward stands in front with his chin in the air and tries to out-hand-speed you.

He gets credit for not folding after the KD's but a lot of that had to do w/DeGale stepping off the gas he could've finished Dirrell inside 4-5 rds if he had made the push too.

Comment

The rounds where Degale was switched on he was doing better on the outside and looked stronger on the inside too.

Dirrell made some adjustments but Degale gave rounds 6-10 away (either gassed, pacing issues, concentration).

Comment

If it wasn't for that second round Dirrell wins the fight.

But he made a fundamental mistake by pulling straight back and Degale was boxer enough to spot the error and to make him pay for it.

Comment

Meaning that Degale earned and deserved the right to be called the better boxer on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Meaning that Degale earned and deserved the right to be called the better boxer on that day.
            100% Correct sir.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              No doubt, i have not denied that.

Hence why i said "it was like a sparring session that goes wrong"

I felt Dirrell had a bad day(error in second round despite teeing off on degale), and Degale had a good day. on the day Degale wa the better boxer. But if they fought 10 times, Dirrel beas him 7 imo.

But thats sport and thats boxing, one silly error can cost you. But Dirrells better than Degale, i have no doubt in my mind. Hes faster, more compact puncher.

Degale has better chin and pop in his shots though.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                No doubt, i have not denied that.

Hence why i said "it was like a sparring session that goes wrong"

I felt Dirrell had a bad day(error in second round despite teeing off on degale), and Degale had a good day. on the day Degale wa the better boxer. But if they fought 10 times, Dirrel beas him 7 imo.

But thats sport and thats boxing, one silly error can cost you. But Dirrells better than Degale, i have no doubt in my mind. Hes faster, more compact puncher.

Degale has better chin and pop in his shots though.
                Possibly, overall. However, head to head he's not. I'd argue degale is better overall too.

Comment

its who can deliver.

sure dirrell might be better but he came up short. thats life bruh.

its how you play your cards, not what youre dealt with.

Comment

degale doesnt know how to box on the back foot

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                      its who can deliver.

sure dirrell might be better but he came up short. thats life bruh.

its how you play your cards, not what youre dealt with.
                      He lost one fight. SO what. Wladimir lost 3 fights. Manny pac lost early in his career, Froch lost to Kessler in the first fight close, then beat him well in the rematch.

I honestly believe Dirrell is better than Degale despite losing fair and square...

Comment

Working...
                      X