• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Martinez is a bad a$$ lol.
    Come on FLoyd........make the fight.

Comment

No way in hell Floyd takes this fight.

Floyd doesn't take dangerous fights unless they're from a lower weight class. Would love to see it but not getting my hopes up for something that will never happen. At least not til Sergio is 40

Comment

Cocky Maravilla. I like it.

Comment

People saying Sergio is calling out someone smaller than him, Let's be honest Serg is getting too old. He fought the best in their prime and now he wants to make some money. **** I can't blame him and would love to see the fight happen. Pac and May is way past due, but Sergio vs. Mayweather would be just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I don't know how anyone cannot be excited about this fight. As a Floyd fan since the '96 Olympics, this is THE fight that I want to see. An opponent as talented and skilled as Martinez will bring the best out of boxing's pound for pound king for the last 7-8 years. When was the last time Floyd had such a monumental challenge such as this? These are the kind of fights that seal legacies and increase your ranking on the P4P all time great list.

Martinez too big? C'mon son. We're talking a 10 pound size difference on fight night. Floyd will come in at 151, Martinez will come in about 160. Martinez is a perfectly conditioned athlete who's a small middleweight. Besides, Floyd's been at weight disadvantages before. This look familiar:

The weight difference between Floyd and Martinez would be no worse than Martinez vs. Chavez Jr.

Martinez is coming off a series of big wins, has headlined a PPV in front of a sold out arena with thousands of Argentinos in the audience. He fits the bill as a possible Mayweather opponent.
            Martinez would most likely rehydrate to 167 so there would be a 17lbs difference on fight night. The weight difference between Martinez and Chavez was bigger but Chavez is not an elite fighter, let alone a top 5 P4P fighter.

But like you I'm excited about this fight, I got goosebumps just thinking about it. I'm convinced Floyd beats Sergio pretty comfortably but the sad thing is people would say Sergio was drained.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              Man...people on this site are hilarious. Let's just overlook facts and make nonsense a truth. Floyd is a champion at 154. Sergio has been a champion at 154 as well and is the lineal man to beat at 160. Sergio just beat a man who was a LHW the night of the fight most likely and you want to knock him for challenging a champion in a weight class he's fought at before?! Wtf?! Floyd has also fought smaller men, champions. A Ricky hatton who was a jr welter coming up to 147 to fight Floyd and whatever weight class JMM was when he agreed to challenge and fight Floyd. It happens all the time and it should. It's what elite fighters do
              For floyd, its different. He only has to fight those that he builds up to be threats. His moronic fan base supports it every time.

Comment

the hilarious excuses that we are gonna hear from floyd will keep us entertained for the next couple years!

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                  For floyd, its different. He only has to fight those that he builds up to be threats. His moronic fan base supports it every time.
                  YES YES...we get it, your angry cause Pac started trashing talking AFTER he signed to fight JMM. Seen you on other threads and its the same thing over and over and over.

If you hate him so much then be happy that Martinez called him out because in boxing this is his biggest threat by far

Comment

A fight where Floyd would very likely be the underdo. Hell the ONLY fight where Floyd would be the underdog. As a fan I would love to see it. First Pac in May the Martinez at the end of the year. He can retire as top 15-10 ATG after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
                      Why dont you think the mayweathers are talking **** about Martinez ?

Because he is a threat, a real big threat. Especially at this point in time.

I wouldn't want to fight martinez if i were floyd. But it will be a duck if he does not accept the challenge. Floyd is the champion of that weight, end of.
                      this.

if you're the champ at a weight, you're supposed to defend against anyone that comes in at that weight or just give up the belts. you can't say, i'm okay with cotto at 154 but no martinez at 154. i haven't read anything about floyd stating this but a lot of folks seem to think that it's okay for 154 champ cherrypick who to face in his own weight class.

over 154, he has every right to refuse to go up.

Comment

Working...
                      X