Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haye debacle has damaged the Klitschko's standing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
    It seems to me that the K brothers (mainly Wlad) are terrified of losing a fight, and they know Haye has a punchers chance against them - hence the rematch/fight my brother clauses in the contracts which basically makes sure they won't lose control of the titles.

It absolutely stinks, and the people who say Haye backed out because he is scared are completely ******ed. 1) Setanta went bust and his wasn't going to fight for nothing, regardless of whether he was injured or not, and 2)Fighting is his job and the K brothers are the ONLY fights out there that are the road to big money, but when the contracts are **** nobody can blame Haye for taking a fight with Valuev for a belt so he can renegotiate better terms at a later date.
    True, If Haye beats Valuev like I believe he should, then I hope he does the right things thereafter as the WBA title is the least credible in the sport.

Comment

I think the main reason Haye has opted to fight Valuev for the WBA title is to give him more power in negotiating with the Klitschko Brothers! It should be a relatively easy fight IMO against Valuev and he'll win a world title which gives him some credability at heavyweight and should help him get a fairer contract when it comes to fighting the Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
        It seems to me that the K brothers (mainly Wlad) are terrified of losing a fight, and they know Haye has a punchers chance against them - hence the rematch/fight my brother clauses in the contracts which basically makes sure they won't lose control of the titles.

It absolutely stinks, and the people who say Haye backed out because he is scared are completely ******ed. 1) Setanta went bust and his wasn't going to fight for nothing, regardless of whether he was injured or not, and 2)Fighting is his job and the K brothers are the ONLY fights out there that are the road to big money, but when the contracts are **** nobody can blame Haye for taking a fight with Valuev for a belt so he can renegotiate better terms at a later date.
        Haye's a clever man, he realises his best chance at optimal reward is to fight Wlad before Vitali

I guarantee jumping straight into the Vitali fight, even considering he was being short changed in negotiations, would have been much more profitable than this Valuev fight. He realises that Vitali is a bad match-up for him and if he loses he can kiss the Wlad fight, which he actually has a chance of winning, goodbye

It's the clever route to take but it's not ideal for us fans, especially taking into account how the fights have been built up for over a year now, and isn't exactly consistent with his self-proclaimed warrior mentality

Comment

Nobody emerges with any credit out of this. Not the Klits,not Haye, not the managers or promoters, not the sanctioning bodies. Nobody! All the aforementioned have played their part in making the HW division a laughing stock.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
            Well, Wlad has been on a nice run as of late, and it looks like he has intentions of continuing upon that path with Chambers or Povetkin as his likely next opponent

Vitali is coming off the back of decent wins in Peter and Gomez, and after Haye chose Valuev he's now looking towards Arreola

Haye is a good challenger with a bit of buzz around his name and a strong backing in the UK, but the Klitschko brothers don't need him. Not as much as he needs them anyway. The deal Wlad offered him initially was a bit bogus, but he had everything to gain, and he signed it and was apparently ready to rumble, so what changed? Why is he all of a sudden malcontent with the new contract's stipulations (which as far as I can tell, was significantly less ludicrous than the one he was binded to before)? The only logical conclusion is that he doesn't fancy Vitali at the present time.

Yes, the Klitschkos should make the fights with Haye. And they did. Haye backed out twice. So now they're forced to move onto other worthy challengers and continue their careers...
            He got a better offer thats what changed. Why take the harder route for less money? Almost everyone thought that the contract Haye was offered was BS, so why are people complaining when he accepts a better one?

Comment

Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
              He got a better offer thats what changed. Why take the harder route for less money? Almost everyone thought that the contract Haye was offered was BS, so why are people complaining when he accepts a better one?
              Love your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                Love your sig!
                The bitchko fans don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
                  The bitchko fans don't.
                  I bet you've had a lot of Red K attacks for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                    I bet you've had a lot of Red K attacks for the sig!
                    The tunneytards will be all over him like a swarm!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                      Haye's a clever man, he realises his best chance at optimal reward is to fight Wlad before Vitali

I guarantee jumping straight into the Vitali fight, even considering he was being short changed in negotiations, would have been much more profitable than this Valuev fight. He realises that Vitali is a bad match-up for him and if he loses he can kiss the Wlad fight, which he actually has a chance of winning, goodbye

It's the clever route to take but it's not ideal for us fans, especially taking into account how the fights have been built up for over a year now, and isn't exactly consistent with his self-proclaimed warrior mentality
                      I agree with you, Haye knew signing the same contract he has with Wlad doesnt make any sense because he has a better chance of beating Wlad if he had fought Wlad first, Vitali isnt "mentally weak" like Wlad according to Haye and i think he thought twice about the contract when Valuev came in with an offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X