No announcement yet.

I saw signs of slippage in PAC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
    if anything he seems to get better with each fight. i think u hav Pac mixed up with Hatton.
    I like Pac now than before. He was good at the lower weights, but not only has he improved physically, technically he is sharper as well. It doesn't mean he still wouldn't have trouble with "great" boxers and counter-punchers, but he is better off now. He still has flaws like anybody else.

One thing about Pac is he has always pushed himself to get better. That's why he was able to come back after those two devastating knockouts, come to America, and build his way up to be the best P4P boxer today.

Comment

yea the fight was too short to really tell

Comment

Diaz, De La Hoya, and Hatton were the perfect foil for Pacquiao to show his skills. I honestly thought he was slipping when he fought Barerra and did not look too good. At the end of the day styles make fights, and the fihgt I want to see is Pacquiao fighting Juan Manuel Marquez
        Last edited by street bully; 05-10-2009, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Street Bully

WTF; that's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
            I atttended the PAC-Hatton fight, although he won in grand fashion. I think PAC actually showed some slippage, perhaps he's leaving his prime years.

Eventhough the scrap w/ Flattened only lasted for two rounds, PAC's speed has slowed down some.
            It didnt seem like he was slipping at all.... his punches looked extra fast, and i dont think he got hit with one punch that had any effect

Comment

Originally posted by Money May View Post
              Pacquiao has ALWAYS been overrated. He's a B fighter at best. Floyd OWNS him anyday of the week.

MOney.
              You're red now..............

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Diaz, De La Hoya, and Hatton were the perfect foil for Pacquiao to show his skills. I honestly thought he was slipping when he fought Barerra and did not look too good. At the end of the day styles make fights, and the fihgt I want to see is Pacquiao fighting Juan Manuel Marquez
                Those three will make him look good, no question, but that wasn't what I was looking at. Physically, he is better. Technically, he is better. However, a Very Good Boxer will still trouble him and may be able to still disrupt his ability because that is what they do; make you look bad. It's like fighters when they go up against Hopkins: It doesn't matter how good you are, he'll make you look human. Hopkins has been sliding down hill for a long time now and still makes fighters look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                  Impeccable timing , great accuracy and power , sharp as a tack , he was wary of Hattons size and strength and was a little jittery and this what I think your on about as his performance was faultless , he looks like he is on top of his game if you ask me ,, sometimes I think you guys think of fighters as wind up toys .
                  Yeah, you make some good points, I think it was the "big-game jitters" is what I was seeing, eventhough he kd'd Flatten twice in the first he appeared tight to me.

Can't blame him I guess, he was such a huge underdog against DLH and he overcame that, and everybody wanted to see what he'd do now.

But yeah, his speed didn't look the same, and that's what I mean, his biggest weapon is his speed , w/o it he's brought down to human level.

He really should retire after his next fight whether i'd be Juanita or Ugly Boy. No need for Cotto or Mosley, etc.. His legacy is signed, sealed and delivered to Canastota.

I mean, no one even thought including me that he'd even have a chance against someone of MAB's stature let alone get a shot at him. The man's had quite a journey what a life he has led and hopefully he has many more years in life that is.

He has been fighter of the year, been involved in fight of the year, has done the unthinkable not once but two, three times and maybe some more. He also holds the record for the only 4-time lineal world champ. He has probably made the most $$$ out of any fighters from the lower weight classes from 126lbs on down.

It's time to call it a wrap in my opinion. There's no need to continue anymore.
                  Last edited by We want Floyd; 05-10-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
                    Yeah, you make some good points, I think it was the "big-game jitters" is what I was seeing, eventhough he kd'd Flatten twice in the first he appeared tight to me.

Can't blame him I guess, he was such a huge underdog against DLH and he overcame that, and everybody wanted to see what he'd do now.

But yeah, his speed didn't look the same, and that's what I mean, his biggest weapon is his speed w/o it, he's brought down to human level.

Which fights are you comparing?

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
                      You're red now..............
                      I made him red for making that **** post. Thanks for adding.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                      X