Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury's head is hilariously small for his stature

Comment

• Originally posted by BTL View Post
      U guys think fury is gonna come to fight and look for a ko but he has u guys fooled, he's going to try and outbox wlad from the outside and move.
      I agree but I think if he knows he's losing he'll start opening up a lot from rounds 8/9 onwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Wayyy 2FAST.
        Much like Wladimir's jab, which is going to land at will.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
          I agree but I think if he knows he's losing he'll start opening up a lot from rounds 8/9 onwards.
          Either his plan works, which I don't and he will open up like u said but will be a mistake cuz he will get knocked out in the process.

I give fury only a puncher chance, and when given a puncher chance, the chance of u wining is slim in my book, I just don't see fury out boxing wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTL View Post
            Either his plan works, which I don't and he will open up like u said but will be a mistake cuz he will get knocked out in the process.

I give fury only a puncher chance, and when given a puncher chance the chance of u wining is slim in my book, I just don't see fury out boxing wlad.
            I think he has the physical capabilities to cause problems for Wlad if he has the right game plan and can execute it properly on the biggest night of his life, which IMO its hard to know how someone will deal with an occasion like this until it actually happens. I agree if Fury opens up in a wild manner he's going to get knocked out, but I agree with what you are saying I'd be massively surprised if Fury goes for the KO from the off, I expect to see him box and move and attempt to score a few early rounds into the bank and then start to open up slightly as the fight goes on and his confidence improves.

Like I've said before, I want Fury to win and I could easily make points etc as to why I think he'll win but truth be told if I assess it from a neutral standpoint I do think Wlad is roughly a 70/30 / 75/25 favorite to win this fight. I hope at the very least its competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Exactly. The Brits are still hurting from Haye's no-show.
              You speak more about Haye than everyone else

Comment

• It's almost time...

FOR THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  For people who have Fury winning - how do you see that happening? Decision, knock out, what round, how close/wide? what will be the main factor in him winning?
                  It's very hard to say how he'll win since there are so many variables in this fight, any one of which could drastically affect the outcome. I personally think he's going to try to box Wlad while keeping on the move then come exploding in with the odd power punch or combination, tie him up then repeat the process. That's the opening few rounds anyway. I think as the fight progresses, depending on how successful he's been and what's Wlad's been doing in that time he'll either step up the pressure and try to maul Wlad or try to outbox him and tire him out with his movement. He'll either become the bull or the matador in other words.

I don't think he stops Wlad, but I do think he could win a decision (presuming no funny business). It'll be close of course.

Comment

• It's a mistake to think Fury can't jab with Wlad. With his movement, speed and reach he can make things very awkward for Wlad on the outside. He won't necessarily win the battle of the jabs, but Wlad's whole gameplan rests on controlling opponents at range, mesmerising them with his python jabbing arm in order to land damaging shots later on. If he can't do that because Fury's jumping around the ring flinging his own crazy monkey arms at him from all angles then we might start to see mistakes appearing which Fury could capitalise on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      For people who have Fury winning - how do you see that happening? Decision, knock out, what round, how close/wide? what will be the main factor in him winning?
                      Well...First of all, everyone talks about Vlad's boxing but Vlad is not much of a boxer. He has a jab that he works behind. So him outboxing Fury is more debatable than one might think. he does not have the reach on Fury and while he has a great jab, Fury has a good jab as well.

Vlad's main strength is his power, but he generally has to have his jab working to use his power shots. Sp again, Fury can jam the works.

Now, if Fury shuts down Vlad from the outside and is more busy I see him as having more weapons to fire at Vlad. Fury has more punches that he throws and fights inside and this is where he can hurt Vlad. So...A Fury win comes with matching Vlad outside, working away inside and hurting him inside. Fury will use mobility to set up and punish Vlad on the inside if it goes his way.

To do this Fury has to take risks and beat Vlad to the punch outside...slowly work his way inside and then keep working inside when Vlad wants to hold.

Comment

Working...
                      X