No announcement yet.

My Dog just mauled my neighbors Rottweiler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dog just mauled my neighbors Rottweiler

Pretty gruesome ****. I feel bad. They got into a fight over a tennis ball. They always used to play with no problems and my dog usually gave way because he is barely 1 year old and the rottie is a year and a half older so he was submissive but this time they went into a full blown war. Rottie had holes in his neck and his skull. Took 10 minutes to pry open my dogs mouth. He was shaking the crap out of the Rottie. I was scared as hell. Rottie required stitches on his neck and the top of his skull, my dog was unharmed. Vet said if my dog woulda got an artery he would have killed the Rott. Had to pay 7 bills to the vet. Happened 3 days ago. I just saw my neighbors dog right now and he looks good considering...
    Last edited by Alibata; 02-19-2011, 06:24 PM.

time to stop socializing your dog eh?

Comment

Originally posted by ChainskiBum View Post
      time to stop socializing your dog eh?
      I used to bring him to all the dog beach and parks to avoid all this. It seems that it didn't work. Sucks but I was warned that a Tosa will turn on. My last one did not though, he was cool with other dogs all his life.

Comment

No dog can be classed as inherently violent.

Still, whenever I see people with these status symbol dogs, Rotts, Pits, Mastifs etc.. It tells me a lot about their mentality.
        Last edited by 武士道; 02-19-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
          I used to bring him to all the dog beach and parks to avoid all this. It seems that it didn't work. Sucks but I was warned that a Tosa will turn on. My last one did not though, he was cool with other dogs all his life.
          i loved my mastiff but im still a german shepherd guy.

Comment

It happened once, it'll happen again. Sucks for your dog man.. He'll have to pretty much be on lockdown for the rest of his life. To big of a liability for you to let him run free anywhere. Especially nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by 武士道 View Post
              No dogs are can be classed as inherently violent.

Still, whenever I see people with these status symbol dogs, Rotts, Pits, Mastifs etc.. It tells me a lot about their mentality.
              The Tosa was bred for fighting like the pit bull and still is used for that purpose legally in Japan. I am against such things. Though I do admire their power, athleticism, gameness, and drive. I did not get him as a status symbol but as a pet that would be pretty cool to be around. Inherently dogs like the pit or Tosa they possess a heightened aggression towards dogs because of generations of breeding for the purpose of dog fighting. Just like herding dogs were bred to herd sheep. My dog was well socialized from puppy hood. He is great with kids and people, i guess not so with other dogs. But I believed as you that if I socialized him I could bypass any aggression towards dogs... My dog looks like a blood hound mixed with a mastiff. If I wanted a status symbol I would have gotten a tougher looking dog.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                It happened once, it'll happen again. Sucks for your dog man.. He'll have to pretty much be on lockdown for the rest of his life. To big of a liability for you to let him run free anywhere. Especially nowadays.
                I know. It does suck. My dog didn't start the fight either, he just ended it. Regardless, I never knew he would be capable of trying to kill the other dog.
                Last edited by Alibata; 02-19-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

700 bucks isn't chicken feed, but you should still consider yourself lucky that your neighbor didn't have your dog put to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    700 bucks isn't chicken feed, but you should still consider yourself lucky that your neighbor didn't have your dog put to sleep.
                    His dog started it and I knew my dog would defend himself, just not to point of trying to kill another dog. His days of playing with dogs of the same sex are done.

Comment

Working...
                    X