Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Drops, Stops Arreola; Calls For All The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason wilder only fights bums is because the second he steps up in class he gets destroyed. He can call out whoever he wants but bumsquad will dig up mohamed ali's corpse and fight that before he fights the likes of joshua, fury or klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      So... that's it for Arreola, who will be remembered for unfulfilled potential, some entertaining bouts and being a genuine character in and out the ring. I hope he goes on to do something good with his life and stops fighting before taking too many more beatings like these.
      Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Fair enough assessment.
      Bang on.

Hard to dislike Arreola unless you're a racist bigot. He was never gonna be an athlete and what he lacked in skill he made up for in heart. He was never a top fighter yet clearly this was the shell of him having one last hurrah, not a terrible fight on late notice. The match up on paper was poor though and seeing what Arroela had left early on it just reaffirmed he was undeserving and the match up was a poor one with two guys at completely opposite ends of their careers.

This could have been an interesting fight if the Arreola of 3 years earlier turned up, credit Wilder where he is due it, he did what he was meant to and look OK doing it. That show boating creeped me the fück out though, it was as though he was trying to rub himself against him. Is Wilder a closet f@g ?

Comment

• What a bunch of morons. You guys act like Arreola was fighting some scrub. That's a 6"7 guy with reach and enormous power. He ko'd all but 1 of his opponents. You're talking **** about his performance, but that's all he has. He's never been a world class fighter. Just a tough scrappy guy with heart. He was way out of his league and yeah its time for him to hang em up before he gets seriously hurt.

Comment

• As far as Wilder, what do you want? Povetkins a top 5 guy. And it's not Wilders fault the dude was juicing. That was his big step up in class and it was ruined by a cheat. What was he supposed to do stuff Anthony Joshua in on a few weeks notice? He's far from a bum. Man I tell you, sounds like black man can't get no credit in this sport even when they dominate. Wilder undefeated and he a bum. Crawford undefeated and hes nothing special. Lara and Rigo can't fight. Mayweather overrated.

Comment

• Arreola has NOTHING left.

Props to Wilder for fighting with his injured hand.

Comment

• Wilder can be so sloppy in there. At times his movement is lazy and I'm not sure if he's unfocused or uncoordinated. It's like you can see a KO coming. That's part of what makes his fights such fun viewing.

But then there are pockets of brilliance where he looks downright frightening. I saw some things last night I hadn't seen before, the double and triple left hooks which he mixed up to the head and body with sick speed. And the danger in trying to work your way inside his reach is that in spite of his inexperience, he's got a sharp boxing brain and sets his opponents up for crunching short shots.

Wilder would have trouble against Fury, Klitschko, Joshua and Ortiz but it's fair to say they would have a lot of trouble against him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Wilder can be so sloppy in there. At times his movement is lazy and I'm not sure if he's unfocused or uncoordinated. It's like you can see a KO coming. That's part of what makes his fights such fun viewing.

But then there are pockets of brilliance where he looks downright frightening. I saw some things last night I hadn't seen before, the double and triple left hooks which he mixed up to the head and body with sick speed. And the danger in trying to work your way inside his reach is that in spite of his inexperience, he's got a sharp boxing brain and sets his opponents up for crunching short shots.

Wilder would have trouble against Fury, Klitschko, Joshua and Ortiz but it's fair to say they would have a lot of trouble against him too.
                Best assessment! I like Wilder and the power is unquestionable. Just think a taller fighter with some power will take him out! To me he hangs his head right in the pocket for a right hand over the top. Shorter fighters cant get there with it but a taller fighter will! Plus his defense seems to be laying on the ropes and leanin out of the way of the shorter armed shorter fighter. That also wont work against taller longer armed fighters. Wish him the best but if he doesnt improve. Once he gets in there with some skilled and closer to his size. He loses!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                  As far as Wilder, what do you want? Povetkins a top 5 guy. And it's not Wilders fault the dude was juicing. That was his big step up in class and it was ruined by a cheat. What was he supposed to do stuff Anthony Joshua in on a few weeks notice? He's far from a bum. Man I tell you, sounds like black man can't get no credit in this sport even when they dominate. Wilder undefeated and he a bum. Crawford undefeated and hes nothing special. Lara and Rigo can't fight. Mayweather overrated.
                  They set him up to tke the PED rap and then be exiled from the sport...didn't quite happen like they [Hymen et al] wanted. Now that Povetkin is lurking in the shadows, Wilder is out of commission for about a year. Kinda fishy to me.

Comment

• Outbofball the fighters Ortiz would give Wilder the MOST problems. It would be a true technician against an at times very sloppy fighter. Of course he started boxing very late and tends o ignore his corner at times....Cubans usually embarrass undisciplined, fighter who CLEARLY telepath everything there going o do next week's in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                      As far as Wilder, what do you want? Povetkins a top 5 guy. And it's not Wilders fault the dude was juicing. That was his big step up in class and it was ruined by a cheat. What was he supposed to do stuff Anthony Joshua in on a few weeks notice? He's far from a bum. Man I tell you, sounds like black man can't get no credit in this sport even when they dominate. Wilder undefeated and he a bum. Crawford undefeated and hes nothing special. Lara and Rigo can't fight. Mayweather overrated.
                      He'd get some credit if, as champion, he fought genuine contenders.

Don't try and shut down the debate by bringing race into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X