Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: Top Rank, Al Haymon settlement could open door for Mayweather-Pacquiao II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not a fan of settlements go through trial like a man

Comment

Originally posted by muzzo View Post
      A settling of this lawsuit to stage May/Pac 2 would'nt make sense,is'nt Top Rank suing for $100m...for them to drop the case in favour of a rematch they wld have to make a great deal more than $100m in the rematch to accomodate Pacquiao's purse which in the 1st fight was rumoured to be $120m.....a sum only achieved by doing 4.6m ppv buys....do the "math".....
      Thats Manny's money not Bob's is the first problem. Bob/Top Rank ain't seeing $100M unless he's really screwing over Manny worse than people think. 2nd problem is you are assuming TR is 100% going to win this lawsuit basically as you aren't accounting for TR the odds TR moves forward & loses therefore losing on MayPac II + any piece of the 100M. And third the lawsuit is for $100M, but there is no guarantee that even if TR wins this lawsuit they would be rewarded with $100M in damages. So there are lotsa reasons this news could actually make sense & be a +EV situation for TR.

Although again I suspect its a partial truth at best. Maybe its just some good faith agreement to make that fight or something as it seems like a longshot fight at this point. I mean these mfers are retired + well into moving on. Floyd is active in promoting, Manny is like 70 odd hours from potentially being a senator.

Comment

pac did so poorly last time out i would think hed have to have a new opponent

Comment

Let's all be honest with ourselves, we say oh hell no, we don't want the rematch. But after watching the 24-7 and the weigh in we will be waiting with our legs shaking for the opening bell to ring on fight night...

Nobody wants to see Mayweather-Garcia and nobody wants to see Pac vs anyone else...

$74.99 and it does just fine and everyone makes their cake and they both finally call it a day..

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            pac did so poorly last time out i would think hed have to have a new opponent
            ??

Floyd did so poorly fighting Pac he got booed to death in the MGM.

# Unfinished business written all over it.

Comment

He is going to be a senator. Damn.
              I mean, how else would Michael Buffer say: The Fighting Senate President of the Philippines?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                ??

Floyd did so poorly fighting Pac he got booed to death in the MGM.

# Unfinished business written all over it.

This is your response? to me? Why do you think floyd is the highest grossing fighter of all time, because he's so loved? It's because fans hate him and want to see his arrogant, money throwing woman beating self knocked out. I love floyd but boos don't mean manny was close or that anyone would pay for a second fight

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Thats Manny's money not Bob's is the first problem. Bob/Top Rank ain't seeing $100M unless he's really screwing over Manny worse than people think. 2nd problem is you are assuming TR is 100% going to win this lawsuit basically as you aren't accounting for TR the odds TR moves forward & loses therefore losing on MayPac II + any piece of the 100M. And third the lawsuit is for $100M, but there is no guarantee that even if TR wins this lawsuit they would be rewarded with $100M in damages. So there are lotsa reasons this news could actually make sense & be a +EV situation for TR.

Although again I suspect its a partial truth at best. Maybe its just some good faith agreement to make that fight or something as it seems like a longshot fight at this point. I mean these mfers are retired + well into moving on. Floyd is active in promoting, Manny is like 70 odd hours from potentially being a senator.
                  Correct me if im wrong but the $100m lawsuit is on behalf of top rank so the damages would go to Top Rank if Tr wins..thus Pacquiao has nothing to do with the 100m....Pacquaio's camp share was 120m of which alledgedly he had to give tr 30% if not more so wouldnt it be in Tr's interest to pursue the lawsuit....

Comment

Originally posted by muzzo View Post
                    Correct me if im wrong but the $100m lawsuit is on behalf of top rank so the damages would go to Top Rank if Tr wins..thus Pacquiao has nothing to do with the 100m....Pacquaio's camp share was 120m of which alledgedly he had to give tr 30% if not more so wouldnt it be in Tr's interest to pursue the lawsuit....
                    Idk how much TR profited off of the fight outside of their cut of Manny's purse so its hard to say what their take was. But no its not for sure in their best interest.

1)they got lawyers to pay whatever happens
                    2)they can lose the lawsuit getting nothing
                    3)they can win the lawsuit, but maybe the judge only gives them $10M or less in damages not the $100M in damages they are claiming

The best outcome is they win $100M or more in damages, but obviously there are other outcomes & lawsuits are seldom sure things.

Settling with Haymon could easily be the +EV move to insure a profit or lessen the loss. And I imagine you could mathematically figure out what the most profitable outcome to take is if you had the info Arum & Arum's lawyer's currently have via the discovery known already or things that they suspect are true or not true.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-06-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      It 's a no brainer.

The dollars are in a Pac Floyd rematch.

# everyone knows Pac and Floyd does better on their rematches, but this time one shall fall.
                      Did you like this part of the article .

While the fight was a disappointment — Mayweather cruised to an easy decision — a rematch is still the richest fight in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X