Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francisco Vargas Ready: I Want The Martinez-Salido Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip Salido......Vargas vs Rocky. Make it happen boxing!!

Comment

The winner of Martinez-Salido 3 is a C-level fighter at this point. I'm not interested.

Vargas vs. Walters is the best fight to make at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Vargas beats both rather easy. I want to see Loma move up and fight vargas
        Loma didn't beat Salido rather easy, but it'll be easier for Vargas. How?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Loma didn't beat Salido rather easy, but it'll be easier for Vargas. How?
          Loma lost to salido. But different styles I think vargas can beat salido easily since he has more power

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            The winner of Martinez-Salido 3 is a C-level fighter at this point. I'm not interested.

Vargas vs. Walters is the best fight to make at 130.
            Surely the best fight at 130 includes the best fighter and the man at 130

Uchiyama vs Vargas would be the best fight

Comment

Vargas a real champ who's not afraid to fight anyone even his countrymen. Now that's the definition of a real world class champion unlike that putito verdejo who's afraid to fight his countrymen. Trinidad and Camacho fought but they real unlike verdejo.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Surely the best fight at 130 includes the best fighter and the man at 130

Uchiyama vs Vargas would be the best fight
                Uchiyama is arguably the best fighter but not the man at 130. He has never unified the belts. He is about to make his 12th title defense and what's his best win? Miura or Vasquez? Rather unimpressive.

He has been a world champion since 2010 and we have never seen him against Mikey, Gamboa, Broner, Rances. Just look at his last 5 opponents (counting his next fight). He hasn't beaten a credible contender in 3 years. Everyone was high on Miura as well before he got knocked out by Vargas. But at least he went out of his comfort zone twice.

I'm not knocking Uchiyama, really. He's an excellent fighter and his longevity is commendable, but when you look at his resume, you understand that he has never established himself as the kingpin of the division. After all, any decent boxer - and Uchiyama is much better than that - could stay safe at home and make ten or more title defenses against less than spectacular opposition overall.

I hope Uchiyama vs. Walters (or Vargas, Fortuna or Pedraza) happens next year, just to see how good he really is and before he gets too old.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                  Uchiyama is arguably the best fighter but not the man at 130. He has never unified the belts. He is about to make his 12th title defense and what's his best win? Miura or Vasquez? Rather unimpressive.

He has been a world champion since 2010 and we have never seen him against Mikey, Gamboa, Broner, Rances. Just look at his last 5 opponents (counting his next fight). He hasn't beaten a credible contender in 3 years. Everyone was high on Miura as well before he got knocked out by Vargas. But at least he went out of his comfort zone twice.

I'm not knocking Uchiyama, really. He's an excellent fighter and his longevity is commendable, but when you look at his resume, you understand that he has never established himself as the kingpin of the division. After all, any decent boxer - and Uchiyama is much better than that - could stay safe at home and make ten or more title defenses against less than spectacular opposition overall.

I hope Uchiyama vs. Walters (or Vargas, Fortuna or Pedraza) happens next year, just to see how good he really is and before he gets too old.
                  Uchiyama won the title off Salgado who was coming off the Linares KO who himself later went on to win the IBF belt although the window of time was off by a month when Salgado lost his belt , Uchiyama had beaten both the WBC and IBF Champ so... not unifying thing is a bit jaded when you actually look at it.

Broner was never going to happen, TR tried to make the Garcia fight until Mikey vanished, Gamboa never wanted it.

For the most part 130 had been pretty dry b/c Uchi beat anyone who was relevant only now has it become stacked and though Uchi is past his prime Vargas vs WBO belt wouldn't make him the best fighter in the division anyway.

There's a reason no one ever mentions Uchiyama by name when they talk about belts at 130 ...it is not a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
                    Uchiyama won the title off Salgado who was coming off the Linares KO who himself later went on to win the IBF belt although the window of time was off by a month when Salgado lost his belt , Uchiyama had beaten both the WBC and IBF Champ so... not unifying thing is a bit jaded when you actually look at it.

Broner was never going to happen, TR tried to make the Garcia fight until Mikey vanished, Gamboa never wanted it.

For the most part 130 had been pretty dry b/c Uchi beat anyone who was relevant only now has it become stacked and though Uchi is past his prime Vargas vs WBO belt wouldn't make him the best fighter in the division anyway.

There's a reason no one ever mentions Uchiyama by name when they talk about belts at 130 ...it is not a coincidence.
                    I couldn't put it better myself

He already beat Miura, who went on to become a decent WBC champion, and lost the title in a closely fought match (you wouldn't know who to pick in a rematch).
                    Vazquez, though relatively unproven, is Fortuna's best win, and that alone seems to give Fortuna some relevancy (rank 4 no less). The rest of the division (excluding Vargas) seem to be Pedraza, Martinez, Salido, who are all only relevant because of their titles. Uchiyama is the only fighter in the division with a real resume to boast.

This alone puts him head and shoulders above the rest at 130, and has done for a long time. Like stated above, Vargas could beat Martinez/Salido, whoever holds the title now lol, and still wouldn't be the no.1 fighter at 130. If you want to be the man at 130, you have to beat Uchiyama.

The only fight that I really wanted to see before was Garcia vs Uchiyama, but we all know what happened to Mikey. I could say Gamboa too, but he went up to lightweight along other stupid career moves. Uchiyama vs Vargas could be even better than the Vargas/Miura - if a rematch doesn't happen, make this one happen instead

Comment

Working...
                    X