Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do u guys think that Canelo/Cotto rematches are better fights than Amir Khan 4 Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do u guys think that Canelo/Cotto rematches are better fights than Amir Khan 4 Floyd?

I heard Stephen A. Smith yelling on television that It would only be acceptable if Floyd went on to face Canelo Alvarez or Miguel Cotto (rematches) if he doesn't take on Pacquiao, but there's no way on God's green Earth would it be okay if Floyd takes on Amir Khan.

He says he's seen Amir Khan getting destroyed by Danny Garcia, thats his reason why he doesn't want to see Khan facing Floyd.

I really don't think he made a fair point there, he probably only watched the Danny Garcia fight out of Khans whole career and giving his reaction judging by this and probably doesn't have a goddamn clue that 'Styles makes fights'.

Why would public want him to fight guys that he already beat? Whom styles are familiar to Floyd.

And I don't think Canelo/Cotto brings anything new to the table like Khan does. A different style with lots of speed,movement and explosiveness. If Khan beats Guerrero this December than other than Manny Pacquiao, I'd only like Floyd to face a fast fighter like Amir Khan who brings something new to the table.

What do you guys think? Every opinion is respectful and is appreciated.

Cotto rematch at 160 would be interesting but the Canelo rematch is pointless.He can't even make 154 anymore and it's stylistically easy for him, dude has slow feet and is too cautious and patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
      Cotto rematch at 160 would be interesting but the Canelo rematch is pointless.He can't even make 154 anymore and it's stylistically easy for him, dude has slow feet and is too cautious and patient.

lol don't think he's gonna fight Cotto at anything over 152pound catchweight tbh.

Comment

Stephen A. isn't knowledgeable about the sport but I'm glad he made those comments. Said he would call out Mayweather for ducking Pacquiao if he fought Khan, it's messed up but Khan doesn't deserve it

I would never accept Mayweather-Canelo II, that's no different than Mayweather-Marquez II, those two were dominated. Cotto was at least competitive although it wasn't close, at the very least Cotto can make things interesting again, granted he gets past Canelo.

So, Mayweather-Khan > Mayweather-Canelo II but in all reality both fights are garbage. I think Canelo is more improved in that he will target Mayweather's body a lot more this time around but still, he doesn't punch on the move, doesn't step in with the jab the way Cotto and Maidana did at times, so it'll pretty much be the same fight.

Comment

In theory the cotto fight is nice but like a poster said no way Mayweather fights cotto at anything above 152 now. Mayweather has slipped and cotto found his new youth.

that 160 title is very tempting to floyd best believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Stephen A. isn't knowledgeable about the sport but I'm glad he made those comments. Said he would call out Mayweather for ducking Pacquiao if he fought Khan, it's messed up but Khan doesn't deserve it

I would never accept Mayweather-Canelo II, that's no different than Mayweather-Marquez II, those two were dominated. Cotto was at least competitive although it wasn't close, at the very least Cotto can make things interesting again, granted he gets past Canelo.

So, Mayweather-Khan > Mayweather-Canelo II but in all reality both fights are garbage. I think Canelo is more improved in that he will target Mayweather's body a lot more this time around but still, he doesn't punch on the move, doesn't step in with the jab the way Cotto and Maidana did at times, so it'll pretty much be the same fight.

Okay If Khan beats Guerrero, would you rather have him fighting Khan or Cotto (rematch)? I think Khan's style is pretty awkward for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              lol don't think he's gonna fight Cotto at anything over 152pound catchweight tbh.
              Why not?? Floyd already fought cotto at 54, it would make no sense to fight cotto in a rematch for the mw belt at a cw of 152.. if they fought 155 would most likely be the target weight imo....

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                In theory the cotto fight is nice but like a poster said no way Mayweather fights cotto at anything above 152 now. Mayweather has slipped and cotto found his new youth.

that 160 title is very tempting to floyd best believe that.

I agree, you're actually quite a sensible poster, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
                  Okay If Khan beats Guerrero, would you rather have him fighting Khan or Cotto (rematch)? I think Khan's style is pretty awkward for Mayweather.
                  But stephen A has a point when he says khan got knocked out by "some guy"(garcia) and khan has literally done nothing to get a fight with floyd so he is right when he says floyd has 3 acceptable options, cotto, canelo, pacquaio..

Comment

He beat both Cotto and Canelo convincingly, I personally see no reason for a rematch for either fighter

Floyd fighting Cotto for the lineal 160 title would be awful, we already know who the better fighter is. It'll give some eye candy to his resume but no substance..

Comment

Working...
                    X