Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joke American Cops arrest and charge a woman for a late rental video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Joke American Cops arrest and charge a woman for a late rental video

Joke American Cops arrest and charge a woman for a late rental video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26225971

A woman in South Carolina was arrested and jailed overnight over a nine-year overdue video rental.

Kayla Finley, 27, had visited a police station to report a crime, only to find a warrant for her arrest had been issued in 2005, when she was 18.

Ms Finley had rented a VHS copy of romantic comedy Monster In Law, starring Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda.

According to local television station Fox Carolina, Ms Finley was "shocked and disgusted" at the arrest.

Police said several warning letters about the overdue video were sent to Ms Finley, but she had since changed address.
    A spokesperson for the Pickens County Sheriff's Office was unavailable to speak to the BBC.

However, prison records confirmed that Ms Finley was arrested last Thursday and kept overnight.

She was charged with "failure to return rented video cassette" and will appear in court at a later date.

You can gun down a teenager in America and not get arrest but be late over a video rental and you get a warrant for your arrest

she should get an additional 20 days in the slammer if the VHS tape is found and its not rewound
    Last edited by -jose-; 02-18-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Thank goodness Blockbuster went out of business.

Comment

Who was still using VHS in 2005?

Comment

lol why didn't they just charge her credit card for the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

You can gun down a teenager in America and not get arrest but be late over a video rental and you get a warrant for your arrest
            It's beyond idiotic. Logic and reason should never be superseded by anything, especially not some written law that we are enforced by gunpoint to worship, that is broken in all aspects. The vast majority have gained nothing but injustice from the justice system. Later if not sooner.

Comment

I'm guessing the late fees came with interest??

Comment

Story was all over the news yesterday but not one started with "Joke American Cops".

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Story was all over the news yesterday but not one started with "Joke American Cops".
                  Seemed like a apt title considering the officers actions and lack of use of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Seemed like a apt title considering the officers actions and lack of use of common sense.
                    Personally I think it is the laws that got her arrested. That and her lack of responsibility. I have done things like that when I was younger and sometimes, surprisingly they came back and bit me on the arse.

Comment

Working...
                    X