Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren Barker being mentioned as a potential opponent for Chavez Jr's next.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care to see Barker after the borefest he pulled against Martinez and hopefully the execs at HBO don't either. Personally I'd like to see the WBC follow it's own rules and require Chavez Jr. to face Marco Rubio. Rubio's a deserving challenger if any, and to his credit, hasn't waited around on the sidelines....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I don't care to see Barker after the borefest he pulled against Martinez and hopefully the execs at HBO don't either. Personally I'd like to see the WBC follow it's own rules and require Chavez Jr. to face Marco Rubio. Rubio's a deserving challenger if any, and to his credit, hasn't waited around on the sidelines....
      i agree................

Comment

Wonder if the WBC will keep their word.......

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Barker probably wins IMO.

i think its a nice fight too

without a tune up barker will have some issues facing a young undefeated kid with so much size and punching power but i dont think he'll simply get blown out of the water

Jr is growing on me. he does look better each time he fights.
          barker is no world beater certainly

not a bad fight considering that there's a lot of work to be done with chavez and they want to keep him away from punchers and slick boxers until he learns a bit more.

say what you will about top rank, they know how to move a fighter

Comment

This is what is wrong with Boxing. Andy Lee, who is much more deserving since he is coming off a couple of wins, is rejected because he is a southpaw. Barker, who bored the **** out of people, will get the opportunity because Chavez is becoming too big of a name to where HBO won't care who he fights.

Lee vs Chavez Jr would be a great stay busy fight, but heaven forbid that stay busy fight is against something moderately difficult.

Comment

lol, ohhh JCC jr

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                The name I hear being mentioned as a possible opponent now for Chavez Jr. in his next fight is @DarrenBarker82. #boxing
                Barker will likely whoop his a55 too....that's the funny part.

Comment

Instead of fighting Martinez that is the fight that should happen he is fighting his victim. Jr is such a fraud

Comment

Chavez Jr is crap and should fight Martinez, Rubio, Sturm, Lee, etc ... but a fight with Barker isn't that bad at all, IMO Barker has the skills and especially the size to beat Chavez Jr.

Chavez Jr's main advantage is the fact that he's huge and weights 180 pounds on fight night, however Barker is even taller than Chavez Jr (by 1/4 inch or something like that) and has some good basic skills. Jr has been fighting smaller fighters such as Manfredo, Lyell, and Zbik (he was tall, but not heavy) and hasn't faced a guy who is also 170+ pounds on fight night, so don't rule out Barker because IMO he can beat Jr.

Comment

They are still moviing him slow but Arum did the same thing with many of his fighters. After Barker he needs to fight Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X