Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does the whole sanctioning fee stuff work for undisputed champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does the whole sanctioning fee stuff work for undisputed champions?

if the champion of a certain organization pays 5% per fight to defend his title , this means a guy who holds the 4 belt will pay 20 % of his purse to the four sanctioning bodies ? it dosen't seem right...

Yea, you got it right. Sometimes if the fighter is really popular they are bound to pay 10% for the belt. I think Marco Antonio Barrera and Ricky Hatton both relinquished their belts in order to avoid paying sanctioning fees. Reason why Pacquiao instead got the lineal titles from them.

If Barrera and Hatton never relinquished their belts they would have been like Zab Judah with 3 or 4 belts. That is why I don't like belts anymore used to be fun but now all of them are a nuisance to me.

Comment

These alphabet organizations need to be done away with, for the sake of the sport.

Comment

You mean my IIBF SUPER DUPER NSBA FLYWEIGHT SILVER INTERCONTINENTAL HW BELT HAS NO VALUE? WTF!!@!@
        Last edited by Medved; 06-19-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          You mean my IIBF SUPER DUPER NSBA FLYWEIGHT SILVER INTERCONTINENTAL HW BELT HAS NO VALUE? WTF!!@!@

We have so many "champions" now, but we only need one. All of these ridiculous belts need to disappear.

Comment

It's all about the mighty dollar, why do you think Floyd didn't want Shanes WBA title? He didn't wanna pay fees

Comment

Working...
            X