Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar De LeHoya: What has he ever done to warrant ATG status?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
    Ali lost to Norton, Frazier but still is an ATG

Losing fights doesn't always stop that, especially when you go through guys who went on to do good things on done good things in the past

He accomplished a lot, beat some good to great guys, made a ton of bucks and most to go through his resume would do worse

His style was good, he had fast hands and a very good chin
    Thats what Im saying Hall of Famer sure no doubt.

ALL TIME GREAT?

Hell no.

Didnt this dude get butt ****ed by Felix Sturm?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Chavez and Whitaker were past it. Get real man. Quartey was robbed dont be silly.
      But Chavez was the FAVORITE to beat Oscar the first fight. Since you guys like to spit that around here.

So the greatest defensive boxer (in my opinion) is so past it by 41 fights?? MMMMM

Quartey wasn't robbed. You should tell him to stay on his feet next time. The 2 knockdowns is what sealed the deal. Also, you don't seem to count the 2 times Oscar was robbed. Double Standard much??

Comment

Let's see.....

- Winning a world title in his 12th fight
        - John John Molina
        - Rafael Ruelas
        - Genaro Hernandez
        - Jesse James Leija
        - Julio Cesar Chavez
        - Miguel Angel Gonzalez
        - Pernell Whitaker
        - Hector Camacho
        - Wilfredo Rivera
        - Julio Cesar Chavez II
        - Ike Quartey
        - Felix Trinidad
        - Arturo Gatti
        - Javier Castillejo
        - Fernando Vargas
        - Luis Ramon Campas
        - Shane Mosley II
        - Ricardo Mayorga

And being competitive in losses to Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley, Bernard Hopkins and Felix Sturm.

All that over a span of six weight divisions and generating 12.8m pay per view buys in the process.

Comment

Are you serious dude?

Do you know anything about boxing? Have you ever seen him fight? Do you know who he fought?

Or have you only been watching boxing since 2007? GTFO of here with this ****, Oscar is one of the greatest of all time, and the best fighter of the 90's and early to mid 2000's.

I'll back it up later when I get home but me and my girl are going to see her dads band.

Go educate yourself on Oscar in the meantime, you should acknowledge his greatness by the time I return if you have half a wit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            But yet he beat other ATGs. Hello idiot...Chavez, Whitaker??

Who else fought Quartey at WW??

Also , what does that tell you about the so called guys you call "great" now?? Having losses to dudes that don't even get in the HOF.
            odlh is and will never be an atg. no matter how much it hurts you. he will however go down as the #3 most popular boxer of all time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              But Chavez was the FAVORITE to beat Oscar the first fight. Since you guys like to spit that around here.

So the greatest defensive boxer (in my opinion) is so past it by 41 fights?? MMMMM

Quartey wasn't robbed. You should tell him to stay on his feet next time. The 2 knockdowns is what sealed the deal. Also, you don't seem to count the 2 times Oscar was robbed. Double Standard much??
              When was Oscar robbed?

Tito? Mosley?

If you like Oscar fine. But you cant tell me that Whitaker and Chavez were at their peak.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                Ali lost to Norton, Frazier but still is an ATG

Losing fights doesn't always stop that, especially when you go through guys who went on to do good things on done good things in the past

He accomplished a lot, beat some good to great guys, made a ton of bucks and most to go through his resume would do worse

His style was good, he had fast hands and a very good chin
                Ali beat both as well as other great fighters in their primes. Oscar has not beaten any great prime fighters. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                  Let's see.....

- Winning a world title in his 12th fight
                  - John John Molina
                  - Rafael Ruelas
                  - Genaro Hernandez
                  - Jesse James Leija
                  - Julio Cesar Chavez
                  - Miguel Angel Gonzalez
                  - Pernell Whitaker
                  - Hector Camacho
                  - Wilfredo Rivera
                  - Julio Cesar Chavez II
                  - Ike Quartey
                  - Felix Trinidad
                  - Arturo Gatti
                  - Javier Castillejo
                  - Fernando Vargas
                  - Luis Ramon Campas
                  - Shane Mosley II
                  - Ricardo Mayorga

And being competitive in losses to Floyd Mayweather Jr., Bernard Hopkins and Felix Sturm.

All that over a span of six weight divisions and generating 12.8m pay per view buys in the process.
                  More important than who is when.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    I hope you don't think Castillejo was a big force when Vargas beat him. Look how many times he had been beaten before Vargas. Not that he was ever great anyway. Vargas also got knocked down and hurt by journeyman Wilfredo Riviera after the Trinidad fight. Not a good sign for his chin.
                    He went on to become a world champion again.
                    So what if he got hurt, what do you expect when you get hit?? I don't think he was 100% but I know he wasn't ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      First 3 responses all epic..lol.
                      LMAO yea they are but its kinda true... He LOST just about all his BIG NAME fights... I like him but people talk like he's up there with Ali, yes he's popular, and yes he fought just about everyone but he also most just about all those fights...

Tito
                      Shane
                      Hopkins
                      Mayweather
                      Pacquiao

Did I miss any....

Comment

Working...
                      X