Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos the best 168 Pounder in the world???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
    Ward vs. Bute will answer your question.
    Along with Abrahammer i'd agree

Abrahammer vs Ward

I think Ward vs Froch (who i don't think that highly of) or Bika due to their ability to fight tough/dirty

Kessler rematch is also something i'd like to see.

Ward is at the top now but that could change.

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    SM rankings:

1. Bute
    2. Abraham
    3. Froch

Ward is not in the top five if he can't win without cheating. Bika's sneaky with the headbutts too, I think he'd kick Ward's ass.
    lol i'd love to see Bika out billygoat the billygoat. Lowblows and elbows Bika has it all plus he has power with wild ****ing shots from every which way, i haden't thought about that matchup but i'd love to see it now lol
    Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    I don't know who the best 168'er is until they all fight, but Bute is definitely in the running.

His punch placement is getting better and better. He has knocked out two granite chinned guys this year.
    Yeah his southpaw stance, headmovement, footwork and shots while fighters are coming in (bodyshots,uppercuts,hooks) i think he's the worst stylistic matchup for Ward.

Comment

WTF?!?!? How can anybody have Abraham at #1 at supermiddleweight??? I like Arthur, but he hasn't done anything at 168 yet. He might do good in the tournament, but all he's done at supermiddleweight so far is beat a former middleweight who was coming off a ko loss in his first fight at supermiddleweight. It should look like this...

1. Ward
      2. Bute
      3. Froch (no skill but has wins over Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell somehow)
      4. Kessler
      5. Dirrell (his wins over Hanshaw, Stevens, Oganov > abrahams win over Taylor)

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
        Since when does beating Andrade...make you the best in the divison?
        It doesn't, but to be fair, wrecking Andrade like that does show that you are at least one of the top guys in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
          Since when does beating Andrade...make you the best in the divison?
          He knocked out a guy who was supposed to be non-knockable.

Bute has beaten more top 10 SMW than Ward.

Comment

Working...
          X