No announcement yet.

Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
    They are different, in many ways. Vladimir's dominance outshadows Mayweather's, because of Floyd's cherrypicking and 'retirement' those years back. Vladimir never ducked anybody and fought so many prime opponents, and still going don't forget.
    Mayweather also fought the best in the world since 1998. Wlad didn't before 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Mayweather also fought the best in the world since 1998. Wlad didn't before 2005.
      Not really true. Wlad was fighting serious top ten guys by Byrd I. McCline was highly regarded when he beat him.
      Last edited by crold1; 11-01-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Brusseles, Mitchell, Ortiz , etc were the best in the world? I think Fury's cum has you drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Not really true. Glad was fighting serious top ten guys by Byrd I. McCline was highly regarded when he beat him.
          I didn't say he never fought any good fighters until then.

Outside of McCline and Byrd, I don't see any top 10 ranked fighters until Brewster if he was even ranked then, which I'm not sure of.

In comparison to Mayweather, that simply doesn't stack up.

Comment

I didn't say he never fought any good fighters until then.

Outside of McCline and Byrd, I don't see any top 10 ranked fighters until Brewster if he was even ranked then, which I'm not sure of.

In comparison to Mayweather, that simply doesn't stack up.
            He wasn't and that was his brig problem until 05...he kept losing to unrated fighters who were so-so at best. Sanders only quality win was him. Brewster had bad losses and immediately needed BS to get by Meehan.

And I wouldn't compare him to Floyd at all. Mayweather gets insane criticism...like beating the reigning Lightweight champ (JMM) while at Welter. Go look at the average opponent rating for Mayweather's championship years. MUCH better than Wlad's.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Brusseles, Mitchell, Ortiz , etc were the best in the world? I think Fury's cum has you drunk.
              Don't speak about things you clearly don't know anything about.

Comment

• I think it's funny how much Wlad's horrible fans hate on Floyd Mayweather. As if there's anything besides race driving that.

Two guys who fight like b*tches and don't take risks, except one hugs 200 times a fight and has half the skill. What's sad is that I would actually have to say which one I'm talking about because Wlad fans have deluded themselves into believing he takes risks when he's more scared in the ring than Floyd Mayweather has ever been.

Floyd Mayweather is clearly a greater fighter. It's not the least bit debatable except to people who have reasons beyond the ring driving their comments.

Comment

Don't speak about things you clearly don't know anything about.
                  And how is that? Because I don't think Floyd fought the best since 98? If he did he'd have fought one top fighter in his prime during his career. Keep chugging, pal.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    And how is that? Because I don't think Floyd fought the best since 98? If he did he'd have fought one top fighter in his prime during his career. Keep chugging, pal.
                    But he has. That's not even remotely up for discussion. How many fighters can you mention since 1998 that wasn't ranked in the top 5 when Mayweather fought them? That hadn't been a champion previously or went on to become one?

You mention 3 names. Ortiz was WBC champion, big talent and big strong southpaw who could punch. Sharmba Mitchell had been ranked in the top 5 for long and had only been beaten by Kostya Tszuy for God knows how many years. Very tough guy.

The other guy, I don't know him. But mentioning 1 name in 17 years is just laughable and shows how incredibly ignorant you are.

Comment

But he has. That's not even remotely up for discussion. How many fighters can you mention since 1998 that wasn't ranked in the top 5 when Mayweather fought them? That hadn't been a champion previously or went on to become one?

You mention 3 names. Ortiz was WBC champion, big talent and big strong southpaw who could punch. Sharmba Mitchell had been ranked in the top 5 for long and had only been beaten by Kostya Tszuy for God knows how many years. Very tough guy.

The other guy, I don't know him. But mentioning 1 name in 17 years is just laughable and shows how incredibly ignorant you are.
                      Lol says a Tyson fury fanatic. Mitchell sucked and was even worse when Floyd fought him. Floyd is a great fighter but stop acting like he went through some murderous lineup. Ortiz is one of the worst "champions" I've ever seen and you reference him as if he's some special fighter. Such a big talent that he's amounted to exactly nothing. Great argument.

Comment

Working...
                      X