Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman Overrated? Took longer to KO Soto than b-level Maidana & Rosado did!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman Overrated? Took longer to KO Soto than b-level Maidana & Rosado did!

Thurman might be just another overrated fighter we're seeing hyped up by the networks - just like Broner, Jacobs, Kirkland, Cloud were (to name just a few).. he even took longer than rosado and maidana to stop soto karass!!

i've never been that impressed with him, he's talented but he might be around the same level as gabriel rosado and marcos maidana - and they're arguably both bums at this stage, or not exactly bums but b-level - you know what i mean.. they're not elite fighters and its very likely that thurman isnt what the hype is suggesting..

So soto-karass is your triangle theory measuring stick huh? BTW thurman KO's your hero khan in about 35 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Thurman might be just another overrated fighter we're seeing hyped up by the networks - just like Broner, Jacobs, Kirkland, Cloud were (to name just a few).. he even took longer than rosado and maidana to stop soto karass!!

i've never been that impressed with him, he's talented but he might be around the same level as gabriel rosado and marcos maidana - and they're arguably both bums at this stage, or not exactly bums but b-level - you know what i mean.. they're not elite fighters and its very likely that thurman isnt what the hype is suggesting..
      Thurman is overrated. he only been fighter b- competition.

Comment

The thing about Thurman that is scary is he can make adjustments and is not just some guy with power only.

Hopefully, Julio Diaz somehow pulls the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          So soto-karass is your triangle theory measuring stick huh? BTW thurman KO's your hero khan in about 35 seconds
          So far it has been your hero who ducked him.

Comment

Not only did it take longer, he was also fighting their leftovers... He also got hurt badly in the first round, the guy was in trouble--an elite puncher might not let him off the hook.

The guy is big, strong,young and seems to have potential though, I'd like to see him against Porter or Alexander.
            Last edited by BafanaBafana; 04-24-2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

I don't think much of Thurman, but it has nothing to do with how long it took him to kayo Soto. I think the guy is too raw and not smart enough in the ring to be a truly elite fighter for any significant period of time. That said, he has the power and athleticism to be dangerous for almost anyone on any given night.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Yep the hype thurman is getting is laughable.

Comment

What happens is that for some reason Thurman has decided to box and move in his recent fights, which isn't his forte, and that lets opponents not only stick around longer but also catch Thurman with some stuff. Thurman is in control when he is the aggressor and he needs to understand that is what he is good at.

Comment

I've yet to see anyone claim that Thurman is an A level fighter, most realize he's still developing. Thurman seems to be a grounded person which means he probably recognizes he has flaws and is working to improve them. He's a motivated, entertaining figther and not concerned with his perfect record. Not sure if he'll ever reach the elite level but he's exactly what boxing needs right now.

BTW, some folks around this forum seem to get irritated when positive things are said about a figther; it's like their sole purpose is to **** on another man's goals accomplishments.

Comment

Working...
                    X