Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko said he plans to dominate for 10 more years. Can he do it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utterly and absolutely no. No one can stay on top forever. I can't see Wlad retiring undefeated* ( in the last like 10 years). Someone will knock him out, dethrone him as champ and he'll retire as basically always happens.

Comment

Just because the heavyweight division isn't that great now doesn't mean it won't improve in the next coming years. Wlad is too full of himself. He'll be 48 in 10 years and not everyone can be like Hopkins. Wlad probably has a couple of more years left as champ before age really catches up to him and he gets knocked out.

Comment

5 years - possible. 10? Very unlikely. But 5 would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
          5 years - possible. 10? Very unlikely. But 5 would be enough.
          5 years is a stretch as well for sure.

My best guess is he'll retire when he gets the WBC strap. There's nothing out there for him anyway, other than that.

Unless he bails on Fury, in which case, I'll call him a ***** for eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            5 years is a stretch as well for sure.

My best guess is he'll retire when he gets the WBC strap. There's nothing out there for him anyway, other than that.

Unless he bails on Fury, in which case, I'll call him a ***** for eternity.
            Fury would be an easy opponent for Wladimir.

Wilder would have a better chance because of his one-punch power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Artist View Post
              He has been a champ for a total 11 years and he has something like 16 consecutive and 21 total title defenses. If he fights for 10 more years x2 per year, then he will end up with something like a total 20 years being a champ and 40 title defenses. No heavyweight can even come close to such reign and dominance. The worst part of this is that no serious fan will dare to say that he fought in a weak era because his lifespan as a champ will include 4 different decades: 90's, 00's, 10's, 20's.

How could any serious fan consider an era of four decades weak? That sounds as a lame excuse to me already. I am not particularly crazy about Wladimir Klitschko, but I find his reign and dominance very impressive.
              Only if he manages to duck Tyson Fury for the next 10 years.

Comment

Yeah I can see him dominating for 10 more years as long as the governing and sanctioning bodies continue to protect him by not enforcing their own rules. If they persist on allowing him to break every rule in the book by not throwing punches; Coupled with excessive clinches, shoves and holds, then he is going to be very difficult to beat. For example, I thought his last performance against Alexander Povetkin was both shameful and disgraceful in which he should have been disqualified. In my opinion, he is easily boxing's most pathetic Heavyweight champion ever.

Comment

lol wishful thinkers with their tyson fury crap

Comment

Working...
                  X