Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which titlist is the biggest embarrassment - Ruiz or Frank Bruno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank showed-up ready to fight, even when he lost big, while Ruiz shows-up ready to ... what, fight? I think Bruno has thrown more punches that missed than Ruiz has ever attempted.

Comment

ruiz is a bigger embarassment. he's not even a fighter. i think it's an embarassment to boxing that someone like him holds titles

Comment

Definitely Ruiz I dont why everybody beats up on Frank Bruno so much he was a pretty damn good heavyweight all his wins except for 2 were by KO and his only losses were to Tyson twice, Tim Witherspoon, James Smith, and Lennox Lewis.

Comment

I don't think Bruno was an embarassment at all.
          He was rarely ever in a bad fight & he despite his limitations, he finally did become a legitimate title holder. Dodgey final round or not, he thoroughly outboxed McCall to win it.
          And, while a lot of folks like to give poor Frank a rough time for his KO losses, we should look at who KO'd him. All of them were legitimate punchers. Good bangers all of 'em.
          Now, I'm not going to be foolish enough to argue that he had an underrated beard, 'cause that's NOT the case. For a world class heavyweight, it was pretty much ****. But it wasn't COMPLETE ****. I mean, it's not as if he was KO'd by the likes of "Quick" Tillis, Jesse Ferguson & old Joe Bugner. Had that been the case, then we could call it rubbish, but it held up well enough until he met the REAL punchers.
          So, no shame there.

IMO, the only big dissapointment with Frank was the way he went out.
          I've just never understood that statue-like performance against Tyson the second time around. After he put up such a galant effort against him in their first fight for Bruno to just freeze up like that & pretty much submit in the rematch, never made much sense to me.

Comment

frank would probably beat 2 out of the big four that hold the belts now. (byrd and vitali would cause him problems)

he wasnt as bad as everyone makes out.

he had a murderous right hand for starters.

Comment

Frank Bruno......was not an embarrassing fighter.
              Yeah, he was scared ****less against Tyson in their second fight, but so were a lot of guys.
              He didn't have a boring style.....& he usually gave a great effort....going out on his shield.

Remember.....he gave Lewis a tremendous fight before Lewis caught him with a monster hook....

He was a decent fighter, an earnest pug.

You all know how I feel about Ruiz....

No comparison.

Comment

bruno was just a blip in time, he was nothing, ******ed at best....nothing more.....ruiz aka bitchass....is the biggest embarrassment to the latino community ever as a boxer. he gives latin fighters a bad rap. he is forever holding, hugging and complaining, the exact opposite of a true latin warrior!!! ruiz, in the last 5 years has not beaten a fighter. he has gotten the win, but has not beaten any of them. not decisively, and not at all..... i personally think that just because he is with don king he gets the win, and also because he is latin, cause don king can bank on that!!cashing in on heritage.....it sickens me....

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop
                  bruno was just a blip in time, he was nothing, ******ed at best....nothing more.....ruiz aka bitchass....is the biggest embarrassment to the latino community ever as a boxer. he gives latin fighters a bad rap. he is forever holding, hugging and complaining, the exact opposite of a true latin warrior!!! ruiz, in the last 5 years has not beaten a fighter. he has gotten the win, but has not beaten any of them. not decisively, and not at all..... i personally think that just because he is with don king he gets the win, and also because he is latin, cause don king can bank on that!!cashing in on heritage.....it sickens me....
                  how many times you had the courage to get in the ring? 30 40 times? no?

shut the **** up then.

bearing in mind Franck's mental health problems of late to call him ******ed is sick at best.

twat.

you ****ing sicken me.
                  Last edited by J !; 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM.

Comment

definitely john ruiz. bruno fought the best guys in his era

Comment

There is no comparison between the two. Bruno was a huge puncher with a weak jaw who gave his all most of the time. Ruiz is the most boring heavyweight in the last decade. Bruno had a ton of fans (pretty much everyone in Britain, boxing fan or not). You could hold a Ruiz fanclub meeting in a phone booth.

Comment

Working...
                      X