No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Trainer Gives His Take on Gamboa vs. Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Trainer Gives His Take on Gamboa vs. Rios

Earlier this month, trainer Ismael Salas had a glorious moment when his fighter Guillermo Rigondeaux captured his first world title, seizing the WBA junior featherweight strap with a harrowing sixth-round knockout over Rico Ramos inside of the Palms Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Click Here To Read More]

Short interview, but surprisingly long on substance. I think Gamboa should build up gradually, and it's a little concerning that Salas, who knows what he's talking about, seems to agree.

I like what Ismael had to say about Yuri's intensity. It's some real insight. I never had that impression of Gamboa, but I can believe it. I like it.

I'm happy to read that Salas doesn't hold any ill-feelings about Yuri's change of trainer. With his training of Rigo and his experience with Gamboa (and others), Ismael's coaching career should be set.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Short interview, but surprisingly long on substance. I think Gamboa should build up gradually, and it's a little concerning that Salas, who knows what he's talking about, seems to agree.

I like what Ismael had to say about Yuri's intensity. It's some real insight. I never had that impression of Gamboa, but I can believe it. I like it.

I'm happy to read that Salas doesn't hold any ill-feelings about Yuri's change of trainer. With his training of Rigo and his experience with Gamboa (and others), Ismael's coaching career should be set.
      who else does salas work with/train?

Comment

I really hope this fight gets made. Even with a nutritionist Rios will still struggle to make weight IMO, he just to big and has outgrown lw. But I definitely think he would train harder then he did for Murray who was never a threat. If he really struggles to make weight he will be in for a rough night against Gamboa.
        I agree with Salas its a huge jump up in weight for Gamboa who isn't a big fw to begin with. I can't image that he walks around much heavier then 135.

Comment

Originally posted by sd southpaw View Post
          I think he trained Danny Green.

Comment

Adrien Broner would destroy both of these bums. I'm so tired of Rios getting any public attention. He sucks. Gamboa is a little better and would beat him easily but like I said, Adrien Briner is too much of a problem for either of these frauds.

Comment

Rios will destroy Gamboa. He just to big

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                I think he trained Danny Green.
                didnt know that

Comment

Originally posted by 1chase View Post
                  Adrien Broner would destroy both of these bums. I'm so tired of Rios getting any public attention. He sucks. Gamboa is a little better and would beat him easily but like I said, Adrien Briner is too much of a problem for either of these frauds.
                  Adrien Broner wouldent do S.hit to Rios. If anyone is the fraud its wannabe Adrien Broner with his insult of a imitation of floyd. We are talking about the Adrien Broner who everyone with any sense felt he lost to Ponce correct? Rios takes Broner soul and rape's it in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by sd southpaw View Post
                    I don't know if Salas is working with anyone else but Rigo at the moment. However, back in October, someone jumped on me because I made a statement about Ismael spending most of his training career in the Cuban amateur system. I wasn't able to confirm all the information the member posted, but here are some of the names he provided:

WBC 105 Katzuto Ioka
                    WBA 108lb Pitchit Noi
                    WBA 112lb San S Ploenchit
                    IBF 112lb Pitchit Sitbanprachang
                    WBA 112lb Yoktai Sit O
                    WBA 118lb (2 time) Daorung Cho Siriwat
                    WBC 147lm Selcuk Aydin
                    WBA 175lb Danny Green

Another quote: "Salas was the 1996 WBA trainer of the year and has worked with past greats like Terry Norris and more."

Comment

Working...
                    X