Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitali wants it. Boente doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      It seems like you don't want the fight because you're afraid Vitali will lose.

Vitali now would knock out Haye IMO or atleat win on points.
      I think Vitali would still win but in very boring fight with UD. He wouldn't win more impressively than Wald so I fail to see the point of this fight.

Haye's inactivity made him totally irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I think Vitali would still win but in very boring fight with UD. He wouldn't win more impressively than Wald so I fail to see the point of this fight.

Haye's inactivity made him totally irrelevant.
        Because Wlad and Vitali aren't the same person. Vitali won't be as tentative and look for the KO more.

He's not going to be afraid of Haye's power.

Haye's inactive but less than a year ago he knocked out Chisora which Vitali couldn't do and Vitali himself said he would fight the winner.

So I wouldn't say he's irrelevant.

Plus, the bad blood is there already regardless and it's a huge fight.

Comment

Vitali was willing to fight Haye for a long time. Only recently he might lost the drive to do it. Totally understandable. Haye doesn't bring anything to the table..

Any version of Vitali up to Adamek fight knocks out any version of haye..
          Come on bro, this simply isn't true. Haye brings the most money and he's considered a top contender. As long as Vits decides to fight this is a match up the boxing world wants to see regardless of who anyone roots for.

Its true Vits has slowed but I still thinks he wins...it would just be ugly and closer than it would have been three years ago. Certainly more interesting than Charr, Chisora or any other of Vitaly's match up the last 4 or 5 years. If he's lost the drive he should just retire. If he fights again though he should take a challenge fans actually want to see. Jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Because Wlad and Vitali aren't the same person. Vitali won't be as tentative and look for the KO more.

He's not going to be afraid of Haye's power.

Haye's inactive but less than a year ago he knocked out Chisora which Vitali couldn't do and Vitali himself said he would fight the winner.

So I wouldn't say he's irrelevant.

Plus, the bad blood is there already regardless and it's a huge fight.
            I agree Vitali is more aggressive fighter or at least he used to be. I said this long time ago - I am fine whatever Vitali decides. If he feels he can still do it great, if not I don't have anything against 'easier' farewell fight and retirement.

It wouldn't be as huge as Haye-Wlad was or as Haye-Wlad 2 would be if Haye stops with BS and starts fighting and knocking down other contenders.

Haye only need to fight lets say Fury and Povetkin and there we go with a great rematch fight again. Both still pretty much in primes, titles are there... Vitali is pretty much out of game. I can't see him chasing Haye across the ring at 41. Once haye realized he can't hurt or outbox Vitali will go into survive mode with rare haymakers...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Come on bro, this simply isn't true. Haye brings the most money and he's considered a top contender. As long as Vits decides to fight this is a match up the boxing world wants to see regardless of who anyone roots for.

Its true Vits has slowed but I still thinks he wins...it would just be ugly and closer than it would have been three years ago. Certainly more interesting than Charr, Chisora or any other of Vitaly's match up the last 4 or 5 years. If he's lost the drive he should just retire. If he fights again though he should take a challenge fans actually want to see. Jmo.
              As I said if Vitali wants to do it, great.. If not, fair enough.
              I am up to it (big fights). Just instead of old Vitali lets go with prime Wlad...

Comment

As I said if Vitali wants to do it, great.. If not, fair enough.
                I am up to it (big fights). Just instead of old Vitali lets go with prime Wlad...
                He's already been beaten by prime Wlad. Vits is still seen as one of the very best in the division so this fight makes perfect sense. If Haye wins he gets his rematch. If not it just shows he isn't worthy.

If Vits retires I have no problem with it. I just think some Klit fans would give Lewis the same leeway for retiring as he himself went out on a great win and decided he was no longer driven to fight. Fair is fair.

Comment

He's already been beaten by prime Wlad. Vits is still seen as one of the very best in the division so this fight makes perfect sense. If Haye wins he gets his rematch. If not it just shows he isn't worthy.

If Vits retires I have no problem with it. I just think some Klit fans would give Lewis the same leeway for retiring as he himself went out on a great win and decided he was no longer driven to fight. Fair is fair.
                  That's the problem. If Vitali beats Haye, Haye will become 'not worthy'. In other words beating Haye doesn't do much for Vitali.

If Haye is more sensible and he would continue to fight, maybe even become a champion once again, when Wlad retires, it would make more sense and it would be more attractive for Vitali. This way is just moderate - to high risk, low award fight.

I give Lennox my utter respect. He did the right thing to retire. He is a smart man.

Comment

That's the problem. If Vitali beats Haye, Haye will become 'not worthy'. In other words beating Haye doesn't do much for Vitali.

If Haye is more sensible and he would continue to fight, maybe even become a champion once again, when Wlad retires, it would make more sense and it would be more attractive for Vitali. This way is just moderate - to high risk, low award fight.

I give Lennox my utter respect. He did the right thing to retire. He is a smart man.
                    I respectfully disagree 100%. If Haye lost to Vitaly it means he is undeserving of a Wlad rematch and would have to rebuild. But it does much for Vits as he would be rewarded handsomely monetarily and he beats a consensus top heavyweight to end his career in instead of another charade.

Comment

Why is Vit in a dress? I have always wondered, are you a fan or a hater of his?

Comment

Working...
                      X