Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debunking the PBC fighters can't fight on HBO Theory Myth and GGG's HBO contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    Haymon fighter's aren't just banned for no reason. They are banned because the general outcome is that he makes it difficult.

So if Haymon signed off on this (there's no saying he actually did), then he's more than welcome as HBO exec said. But if he keeps being a pain in the ass, then they won't make a deal.
    khan thanked haymon for this fight, there is got to be a reason for that...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      khan thanked haymon for this fight, there is got to be a reason for that...
      And that goes back to what HBO execs said. They will make a fight with anyone if it's the right deal. With Haymon, it's rarely the right deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Today makes Stevenson look pretty bad.
        khan doesn't have a promoter, stevenson does.

apples & oranges . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          Of course I was right about Haymon fighters not being banned from HBO. I've only spent the last few months trying to tell you guys.

Secondly, It's the #1 MW vs #2 MW that was never even attempted at negotiating.

According to Loeffler, it makes HUGE $$$ in NY. There's no excuse why this fight isn't happening next or shouldn't have at least been negotiated from Team GGG like they do everyone else.

And I don't want to hear about "Da belts doe"
          listen dummy, Wade was the mando. And just because "da belts" dont mean anything to YOU, that doesnt mean they dont mean anything to GGG.

Bottom line is getting the IBF mando out of the way made the most sense. Then next its either Canelo or something else, and Jacobs will still be there for a fight in December or February. No need for GGG to get stripped just to do the Jacobs fight now, when theres no reason to......

Comment

• And that goes back to what HBO execs said. They will make a fight with anyone if it's the right deal. With Haymon, it's rarely the right deal.
            The term "right deal" is subjective. What's perceived to be good by HBO execs doesn't always equate to a fair deal for whom ever they're in negotiations with.

Comment

• Bump

I don't want to hear nothing about GGG can't fight Jacobs after Wade.

If no Canelo, we want Daniel Jacobs. Not Gurdo Ramirez or whatever his name is.

Comment

• Bump for the ******s calling me ******ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  Why is Dan Rafael lying by saying Haymon's fighters were banned by Hershman when that's not the case. This is how rumors get started and continually trickled out to the masses.

According to Dan Rafael:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...e-dominic-wade

Anyone who follows boxing should already know that Haymon, the Premier Boxing Champions creator, and HBO had a serious fracture in their relationship a couple of years ago. Because of that, Haymon’s fighters are banned from the network, a decision made by former HBO Sports president Ken Hershman.

From Ken Hershman:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...next-big-fight

Conspicuously missing from HBO's schedule are fighters managed by Haymon, not coincidentally fighters who have mainly eschewed competitive fights until a big payday was on the horizon. While the rumor mill says Haymon is essentially barred from doing business with the network, Hershman insists that isn't true. He'll make a deal with anyone—if it's the right deal.

"I don't think anything changes," he said. "Our strategy has been consistent. We want to invest in fighters, promoters and managers that see a long-term future with HBO and who we can comfortably put our money and our platform behind to build them into the stars they deserve to be. As long as those business objectives are met, we'll buy fights from anybody.

"In the conversations we have with promoters, there's no way to avoid crossing over with fighters who are managed in some capacity by Al. We don't tell people not to bring up those names. We have the conversations. And I'm sure at some point those conversations will result in Al's fighters being on HBO. I don't know in what capacity and I can't predict when, where or how. But we don't rule anything out and we don't ban anyone. It's not about that. We're just trying to articulate to everyone in the community what our objectives, goals and requirements are. Hopefully there are enough people who agree with them and see the benefits of being on the HBO platform."

This is just piss poor lazy journalism by Dan and he loses a lot of credibility.

Moving on.

Let's talk about GGG's contract with HBO. http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...exclusive-deal

"The deal calls for a minimum of four fights, although the Geale bout was the first one under the contract. The agreement also has provisions for overseas fights and potential pay-per-view fights, meaning there could be far more than four bouts. The bottom line is that all of Golovkin’s fights, wherever they may take place, will be on HBO or HBO PPV for the foreseeable future".

GGG met his 4 fight minimum obligation with HBO as of Willie Monroe Jr, so who's to say GGG can't fight Jacobs or Lara on another network on a fight by fight basis as stated by Tom Loeffler, himself?

Let's put an end to all of this PBC fighters can't fight on HBO and GGG can't fight outside HBO like he did against Adamu, GGG's HBO contractual obligations, etc excuses once and for all.

It's a bunch of BS excuses to not hold GGG and HBO accountable for attempting to make the best fights and it needs to stop.
                  Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so

Comment

• Pointless thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                      Pointless thread.
                      I created this thread back when you guys were saying that HBO and PBC can't do business and then begin to clamor that everyone was ducking GGG

It was bullschit. I called you guys out on it and was right.

Not to mention you had Dan Rafael writing bogus articles perpetuating the status quo. Danny's clearly paid off by someone, btw.

But yeah, nothing pointless about it

Comment

Working...
                      X